Arsenal fall to Thunderbirds
Albuquerque, NM, December 8, 2006-- The Anaheim Arsenal dropped their second game in as many days and their third straight on Friday night as they were edged by the Albuquerque Thunderbirds by the score of 87-80.
Andre Owens scored 17 points and Daryl Dorsey added 15 while Jawad Williams and Jerry Dupree scored 10 points each, Corsley Edwards pitched in by pulling down 13 rebounds. Williams was held under 15 points for the first time this season as he struggled by shooting only 3-11 from the field
Dijon Thompson's 20 points and 10 rebounds guided Albuquerque as they improved to 5-2 on the season. Marcus Douthit poured in 19 points and Manual Navarez added 10 points and 16 rebounds.
The Arsenal return home on Tuesday to take on the Tulsa 66ers at 7:00pm after spending the last five games on the road where they went 2-3 on the trip. The T-birds will take the week off before facing the Colorado 14ers on Friday in Albuquerque.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 8, 2006
- Arsenal fall to Thunderbirds - Anaheim Arsenal
- Arkansas Hands Fort Worth First Loss - Arkansas RimRockers
- D-Fenders Lay New Asphalt Over 66ers - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Mavericks Assign Mensah-Bonsu to Flyers - Fort Worth Flyers
- Grier allocated to Sioux Falls - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Toros acquire Jay Williams - Austin Spurs
- Idaho acquires Tim Barnes - Idaho Stampede
- D-League daily developments - G League
- Thunderbirds Defeat Arsenal, Stay Perfect at Home - New Mexico Thunderbirds
- Arsenal Drops Second Straight on the Road - Anaheim Arsenal
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.