Arsenal Drops Second Straight on the Road
Albuequerque, NM, Dec. 7, 2006- The Anaheim Arsenal (3-4) dropped their second straight game in another tough loss at the NBA Development League Champs, Albuquerque T-Birds (4-2) on Thursday night.
Despite Jawad Williams' game-high 27 points, Anaheim couldn't overcome an early deficit in its 102-88 defeat in Albuquerque. Willams added seven rebounds, while Andre Owens and Milone Clark scored 14 and 13 points, respectively.
Dijon Thompson racked up a team-high 25 points to lead Albuquerque. The T-Birds outscored Anaheim by 13 in the first quarter. Troy Bell added 23 points, while Tony Bland scored 11 to go along with eight assists.
These same teams square off again in Albuquerque on Friday night with tip-off at 7:00pm.
Tonight's box score can be found at http://www.nba.com/dleague/games/20061207/ANAABQ/boxscore.html
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 8, 2006
- Arsenal fall to Thunderbirds - Anaheim Arsenal
- Arkansas Hands Fort Worth First Loss - Arkansas RimRockers
- D-Fenders Lay New Asphalt Over 66ers - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Mavericks Assign Mensah-Bonsu to Flyers - Fort Worth Flyers
- Grier allocated to Sioux Falls - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Toros acquire Jay Williams - Austin Spurs
- Idaho acquires Tim Barnes - Idaho Stampede
- D-League daily developments - G League
- Thunderbirds Defeat Arsenal, Stay Perfect at Home - New Mexico Thunderbirds
- Arsenal Drops Second Straight on the Road - Anaheim Arsenal
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.