Army Captain Is First Kick for Military and First Responders' Night
(ALLEN, TEXAS) - The Dallas Sidekicks play their second match of back-to-back matches on February 15th against the Tacoma Stars at 7.00P for Military and First Responders' Appreciation Night. Captain Marcos Peña of the United States Army will do the honorary first kick.
Captain Marcos S. Peña was born in Albuquerque, New Mexico. In 2009 Captain Marcos Peña enlisted in the US Army as an Indirect Fire Infantryman and assigned to Bravo Company 1/200th. In 2015 Captain Peña deployed to King Abdullah Special Operations Training Center, in Amman, Jordan. He was part of the first team to open borders between Jordan and Saudi Arabia for transport of equipment to Kuwait under the watch of Major General Hurley. In 2016, he was deployed to Bagram, Afghanistan as the Platoon Leader in the 383rd Combat Sustainment Support Battalion. Captain Peña worked with the 1st Armored Division Sustainment Brigade Transportation Office. He helped move over 1,000 Relocatable Buildings from Kandahar, Afghanistan to Iraq as a result of commitment and discipline to maintain mission achievement. In 2017, Captain Peña was selected to active duty Army and assigned to the 115th Brigade Support Battalion, 1st Armored Brigade Combat Team, 1st Calvary Division. Upon arrival, Captain Peña was assigned to the Battalion S3 and assisted the plan and execution of a National Training Center rotation for the battalion. Captain Peña was appointed Executive Officer for Alpha Company, 115th Brigade Support Battalion. In 2019, Captain Peña was selected to be an Executive Officer in the ranks of the Recruiting Command Team assigned to McKinney Company, Dallas Recruiting Battalion, 5th Recruiting Brigade. Captain Peña took Assumption of Command of McKinney Recruiting Company in October 2019.
All active-duty military, veterans, and first responders will receive a complimentary ticket to the game by showing their IDs at the box office. The Sidekicks are partnering again with the Make-A-Wish Foundation of North Texas to provide some behind-the-scenes game-day experiences for some special families. The Make-A-Wish Foundation will also be the Ball Toss partner and receive half the proceeds of the in-game ball toss where fans enter for a chance to win a suite to one of our 2019-2020 regular season games. You can purchase tickets to the game through this link with promo code WISH and $2 from every ticket sold will be donated to the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
For information on Sidekicks season tickets or individual tickets call the Dallas Sidekicks at 469.393.0165!
• Discuss this story on the Major Arena Soccer League message board...
Major Arena Soccer League Stories from February 13, 2020
- Mesquite Outlaws Lose to Utica City FC 5-8 - Mesquite Outlaws
- Utica City Wrangles Outlaws - Utica City FC
- St. Louis Ambush Resume Rivalry with Comets Sunday in Independence - St. Louis Ambush
- Ontario Fury Adds Another Local Player to Roster - Ontario Fury
- Army Captain Is First Kick for Military and First Responders' Night - Dallas Sidekicks
- Lancers Visit the Sunshine State to Meet the First-Place Tropics - Rochester Lancers
- City of Allen Fire Chief to Do First Kick - Dallas Sidekicks
- Heat Complete Grueling Five Game Road Trip Saturday - Harrisburg Heat
- Cal Express Welcome the Fury - Turlock Cal Express
- San Diego Downs Baltimore 5-1 - San Diego Sockers
- Blast Fall to Sockers 5-1 - Baltimore Blast
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.