Utica City Wrangles Outlaws
Mesquite, Texas - Utica City jumped out to a 4-1 lead and never looked back as they rolled to an 8-5 victory over the Mesquite Outlaws Thursday night at Mesquite Arena. Bo Jelovac, Moises Gonzalez, and Momo all scored two goals apiece, while Nate Bourdeau and Jake Schindler added one goal each. Andrew Coughlin made 14 saves in the win.
Gonzalez struck first on a restart, taking a pass from Darren Toby and placing a shot to the top left corner 2:39 into the game. Bradlee Baladez tied things up at one 13 seconds later. Gonzalez put Utica back on top with 9:03 to go in the first, tapping in a back-door pass from Nate Bourdeau. Bourdeau doubled the lead two and a half minutes later, putting home a rebound that hit the post. Jelovac continued the scoring run with 35 seconds to go in the first, chasing down a pass from Onua Obasi and burying a shot to the top left corner.
Momo kept the onslaught going one minute into the second quarter, receiving a back-heel pass from Jelovac and finishing high for the goal. Rio Ramirez cut the lead to 5-2 with 9:58 to go in the second quarter.
Jelovac added his second of the night 51 seconds into the third on the power play, working the give-and-go with Liam Callahan and burying a sliding shot. Schindler added another goal 4:37 into the third on a top of the box restart. Momo netted his second of the night on a give-and-go with Jelovac halfway through the third quarter. Jamie Lovegrove ended the scoring run with 5:49 to go in the third with a sliding back post finish. Lovegrove scored again on a penalty kick after Coughlin was assessed a blue card on a shootout attempt.
Cody Ellis brought the Outlaws within three with 10:25 to go in the fourth quarter. Coughlin and the Utica defense locked things down from there to secure the win.
Utica City goes right back at it tomorrow night against the Dallas Sidekicks in a Valentine's Day showdown. Kickoff at the Allen Events Center is at 8:35 p.m. EST. The game can be viewed on MASL.tv.
• Discuss this story on the Major Arena Soccer League message board...
Major Arena Soccer League Stories from February 13, 2020
- Mesquite Outlaws Lose to Utica City FC 5-8 - Mesquite Outlaws
- Utica City Wrangles Outlaws - Utica City FC
- St. Louis Ambush Resume Rivalry with Comets Sunday in Independence - St. Louis Ambush
- Ontario Fury Adds Another Local Player to Roster - Ontario Fury
- Army Captain Is First Kick for Military and First Responders' Night - Dallas Sidekicks
- Lancers Visit the Sunshine State to Meet the First-Place Tropics - Rochester Lancers
- City of Allen Fire Chief to Do First Kick - Dallas Sidekicks
- Heat Complete Grueling Five Game Road Trip Saturday - Harrisburg Heat
- Cal Express Welcome the Fury - Turlock Cal Express
- San Diego Downs Baltimore 5-1 - San Diego Sockers
- Blast Fall to Sockers 5-1 - Baltimore Blast
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.