Argos Sign Five More to Training Camp Roster
TORONTO - The Toronto Argonauts announced today the club has signed NAT OL Josiah St. John, INT WR Nate Rogers, INT WR Kimi Linnainmaa, NAT K Tyler Crapigna and INT K Donald De La Haye.
Rogers, a 6'5 and 215-pound WR, played four seasons at Wayne State University in Nebraska (2013, 2016-2018) where he left as the school's all-time leader in touchdown receptions (38) and second all-time in yards (2,456), just eight yards short of the Wildcat record. The South Sioux City, Nebraska native also tied the school record for receiving touchdowns in a season (12) in both his sophomore and junior seasons. Rogers played 42 games in his Wayne State career and was named First Team All-NSIC South Division in 2017 and Second Team All-NSIC South Division in 2018.
St. John, a Toronto native, was the first overall selection of the Saskatchewan Roughriders in the 2016 CFL Draft. The 6'5, 305-pound lineman played 22 games over three seasons for the Riders. The 26-year-old spent three years at the University of Oklahoma (2013-2015) playing in 15 games in his junior and senior seasons after redshirting in 2013. Previous to his time with the Sooners, St. John played football at Trinity Valley Community College in Texas.
Crapigna, 26, most recently spent time with the Saskatchewan Roughriders between 2015 and 2018. The Nepean, Ottawa native played in 36 games for the 'Riders, converting 76-of-88 (86.4%) field goals, including two games with six field goals made. The 5'7, 180-pound kicker was originally drafted by Calgary in the 5th round 40th overall of the 2014 CFL Draft but chose to return for his final year of U Sports Eligibility. The former McMaster Marauder played 38 games in five seasons (2010-2014) in maroon, kicking 84-of-97 field goals (86.7%) including a game winning field goal in the 2011 Vanier Cup.
Linnainmaa, 24, played for the Helsinki Roosters in the American Football Association of Finland's first division in 2018, catching 36 passes for 737 yards and 12 touchdowns. The Espoo, Finland native attended Concordia University in 2017 playing in two games and the 2019 CFL Combine in March.
De La Haye, 22, spent two seasons at the University of Central Florida (2015-2016), used primarily as a kickoff specialist. The Port St. Lucie, Florida native attended the Argos mini-camp at IMG Academy in Bradenton, Florida in April and impressed in all areas of the kicking game.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from May 19, 2019
- Eskimos Sign Richards, Suspend Clay - Edmonton Eskimos
- Coors Light Training Camp Report: Day 1 - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Josh Stewart Released - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Alouettes Announce Transactions - Montreal Alouettes
- Eskimos Sign Five, Release Pair - Edmonton Eskimos
- Stamps Add Linebacker; Release Morris - Calgary Stampeders
- Argos Sign Five More to Training Camp Roster - Toronto Argonauts
- Blue Bombers Announce Pair of Transactions - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Riders Make Moves to Set Training Camp Roster - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Tiger-Cats Add Four Internationals to Training Camp Roster - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Tiger-Cats Sign Two-Time CFL All-Star Offensive Lineman Van Zeyl - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.