Stamps Add Linebacker; Release Morris
The Calgary Stampeders have signed international linebacker Nate Holley and released international running back Romar Morris.
Here is more information on Holley:
College: Kent State
Born: Dec. 5, 1994
Birthplace: Ottawa Lake, MI
Holley attended rookie camp with the National Football League's Minnesota Vikings in 2017. He signed with the Indoor Football League's Nebraska Danger on May 22, 2018, and then signed with the Los Angeles Rams on June 8, 2018. He was waived at the conclusion of the Rams' 2018 training camp.
In college, Holley played four seasons at Kent State and is in the top 10 on the Golden Flashes' all-time tackles list. During his senior season, he led the nation with an average of 8.9 solo tackles per game. For his career, he had 426 total tackles including 15 tackles for loss, three sacks, one interception, two forced fumbles and seven pass breakups. He was named first-team all-Mid-American Conference in 2014 and 2015.
Morris played one season for the Stamps, appearing in 10 regular-season games and accumulating 376 rushing yards, 167 receiving yards, 813 return yards and seven total touchdowns. He suffered an injury during the Western Final and was out of action for the Grey Cup.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from May 19, 2019
- Eskimos Sign Richards, Suspend Clay - Edmonton Eskimos
- Coors Light Training Camp Report: Day 1 - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Josh Stewart Released - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Alouettes Announce Transactions - Montreal Alouettes
- Eskimos Sign Five, Release Pair - Edmonton Eskimos
- Stamps Add Linebacker; Release Morris - Calgary Stampeders
- Argos Sign Five More to Training Camp Roster - Toronto Argonauts
- Blue Bombers Announce Pair of Transactions - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Riders Make Moves to Set Training Camp Roster - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Tiger-Cats Add Four Internationals to Training Camp Roster - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Tiger-Cats Sign Two-Time CFL All-Star Offensive Lineman Van Zeyl - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Calgary Stampeders Stories
- Simpson Signs Contract; Retires as Stampeder
- New CFL Award Named After Longtime Member of Stampeders Organization
- Stamps Look to Wrangle Roughriders
- Three Tailgate Events Make Party Bigger Than Ever at 2019 Grey Cup Festival Presented by Shaw
- Stamps Travel East to Face Alouettes