Riders Make Moves to Set Training Camp Roster
The Saskatchewan Roughriders have released the roster for its 2019 Coors Light Training Camp Roster.
The Saskatchewan Roughriders have also announced the following roster moves:
* International defensive lineman Gerald Rivers
* International quarterback Ty Gangi
* International offensive lineman Travis Vornkahl
ADDED FROM SUSPENDED LIST:
* National kicker Felix Menard-Briere
* International defensive lineman Louy Compton
* International defensive lineman Curt Maggitt
Rivers (6'5 - 225 lbs) comes to the Roughriders after spending parts of the 2018 season with the Edmonton Eskimos and the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. Between the two teams he played 11 total CFL games, made 13 defensive tackles and earned two sacks. Prior to the CFL, Rivers spent time with several NFL teams. In 24 collegiate games at Ole Miss, Rivers collected 31 total tackles - eight-and-a-half for a loss - and earned four-and-a-half sacks.
Gangi (6'2 - 205 lbs) joins the Roughriders after three seasons at University of Nevada. The 23-year-old ended his collegiate career having thrown a touchdown in 27 consecutive games - the second-longest streak in the United States. For his efforts, Gangi was given the Wolf Pack's Most Valuable Player Award. He also won the award in 2017. In 32 collegiate games Gangi threw for 7,378 yards and 57 touchdowns as well as added 543 rushing yards and 10 rushing touchdowns.
Vornkahl (6'6 - 298 lbs) played 32 collegiate games for West Texas A and M, starting in all of them. The 23-year-old was named All-Lone Star Conference second team in 2018. He received all-conference Honourable Mentions in 2016 and 2017.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from May 19, 2019
- Eskimos Sign Richards, Suspend Clay - Edmonton Eskimos
- Coors Light Training Camp Report: Day 1 - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Josh Stewart Released - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Alouettes Announce Transactions - Montreal Alouettes
- Eskimos Sign Five, Release Pair - Edmonton Eskimos
- Stamps Add Linebacker; Release Morris - Calgary Stampeders
- Argos Sign Five More to Training Camp Roster - Toronto Argonauts
- Blue Bombers Announce Pair of Transactions - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Riders Make Moves to Set Training Camp Roster - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Tiger-Cats Add Four Internationals to Training Camp Roster - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Tiger-Cats Sign Two-Time CFL All-Star Offensive Lineman Van Zeyl - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.