Tiger-Cats Add Four Internationals to Training Camp Roster
The Hamilton Tiger-Cats announced Sunday the football club has signed four international players, including defensive tackles Caushaud Lyons and Eddy Wilson, linebacker Tyrice Beverette and running back Martez Carter. The Tiger-Cats' 2019 Training Camp, presented by Nissan, begins today at 8:30 a.m. at Ron Joyce Stadium at McMaster University. The team's full 2019 training camp roster is attached.
Lyons, 26, has spent time on the rosters of nine different National Football League teams over the past five seasons (2015-18), including the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Pittsburgh Steelers, Tennessee Titans, Los Angeles Rams, Detroit Lions, Chicago Bears, Minnesota Vikings, Denver Broncos and Washington Redskins. The 6-5, 284-pound native of Ellenwood, Georgia spent four seasons (2011-14) at Tusculum University, playing in 41 games and registering 181 total tackles, 24,5 tackles for loss, 10 sacks, three pass breakups, two forced fumbles and one interception.
Wilson, 22, played three games for the Alliance of American Football's Salt Lake Stallions in 2019, recording two tackles. The 6-4, 295-pound native of Pontiac, Michigan signed as an undrafted free agent with the National Football League's Seattle Seahawks in 2018 and was claimed off waivers by the Cincinnati Bengals later in the year. Prior to turning pro, Wilson played in 31 games over three seasons (2015-17) at Purdue University, recording 73 tackles, 8.5 tackles for loss, 3.5 sacks, three passes deflected and one fumble recovery for the Boilermakers.
Beverette, 24, spent time with the NFL's Cincinnati Bengals in 2018. The 6-foot, 210-pound native of Lakewood, New Jersey played in 44 games over four seasons (2014-17) at Stony Brook University, collecting 262 tackles, 27.5 tackles for loss, 14 sacks, five interceptions, 17 pass deflections, seven forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries for the Seawolves.
Carter, 26, spent time with the NFL's Washington Redskins and New Orleans Saints in 2018, originally signing with the former as an undrafted free agent. The 5-9, 205-pound, native of Monroe, Louisiana spent four seasons (2014-17) at Grambling State University, registering 398 carries for 2,643 yards and 30 rushing touchdowns, 74 receptions for 938 yards and nine receiving touchdowns, while adding 26 punt returns for 253 yards, and 92 kickoff returns for 2,066 yards and four kick return touchdowns.
The Tiger-Cats also announced a series of other transactions Sunday.
The following two players have been released:
INT - WR - Andrew Turzilli
INT - WR - Dontre Wilson
The following two players have been added to the suspended list:
INT - DB - Rico Murray
INT - OL - Darrell Williams
The following player has retired:
INT - OT - Vinston Painter
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from May 19, 2019
- Eskimos Sign Richards, Suspend Clay - Edmonton Eskimos
- Coors Light Training Camp Report: Day 1 - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Josh Stewart Released - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Alouettes Announce Transactions - Montreal Alouettes
- Eskimos Sign Five, Release Pair - Edmonton Eskimos
- Stamps Add Linebacker; Release Morris - Calgary Stampeders
- Argos Sign Five More to Training Camp Roster - Toronto Argonauts
- Blue Bombers Announce Pair of Transactions - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Riders Make Moves to Set Training Camp Roster - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Tiger-Cats Add Four Internationals to Training Camp Roster - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Tiger-Cats Sign Two-Time CFL All-Star Offensive Lineman Van Zeyl - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.