AquaSox Drop Series to Spokane, 8-5
EVERETT, Wash. - After a four-spot in the third inning staked them to an early lead, the Spokane Indians scored key insurance runs late to beat the Everett AquaSox, 8-5.
HOW IT HAPPENED
Spokane sent eight men to the plate in the third inning, as Kellen Strahm and Luis Asuncion each drove in two runs. The Indians were helped out by a catcher's interference call on Carter Bins that extended the inning.
The AquaSox chipped away at the lead by getting a two-run double from Trent Tingelstad in the third inning, and a two-run home run to deep center field by Brennon Kaleiwahea to cut the deficit to 5-4 after four innings.
The Frogs couldn't come up with the big hit, only coming away with one run despite putting the leadoff man on in three consecutive innings. The Indians scored once in the eighth and twice in the ninth to put the game away.
WRAPPING IT UP
Offensively, the Frogs had eight hits, including doubles from Tingelstad and Bins as well as Kaleiwahea's second home run of the season.
Starter Damon Casetta-Stubbs went five innings, giving up five runs on four hits with five strikeouts. Kipp Rollings followed with two shutout innings, punching out three Indians along the way. Jarod Bayless gave up a run on two hits in his inning of work and Fred Villarreal pitched the ninth, giving up two runs.
Up next, the Eugene Emeralds make their only visit of the season to Funko Field, opening a four-game series on August 23. It's the last Funko Friday of the season, and fans will go home with a commemorative Funko Field pin featuring Webbly and Freddy Funko! For tickets, visit AquaSox.com/tickets.
• Discuss this story on the Northwest League message board...
Northwest League Stories from August 23, 2019
- Hops Sweep Eugene with Late Comeback - Hillsboro Hops
- Indians Add Fireworks to Storybook Princess Night Tonight - Spokane Indians
- Volcanoes Cap Season Series with a 6-4 Comeback Win over Boise - Salem-Keizer Volcanoes
- Eugene Hands Hillsboro Extra Innings Win in Series Finale - Eugene Emeralds
- C's Shutout in Tri-City Striking out 17 Times - Vancouver Canadians
- Late Offensive Surge from Volcanoes Hand Hawks 6-5 Loss - Boise Hawks
- AquaSox Drop Series to Spokane, 8-5 - Everett AquaSox
- Tri-City Blanks Vancouver - Tri-City Dust Devils
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.