AquaSox Bounce back with 10-6 Win over Canadians
(Scotiabank Field at Nat Bailey Stadium - Vancouver, BC) - Everett 3B Patrick Kivlehan hit a pair of home runs that produced five RBI in a 10-6 victory over the Vancouver Canadians out at sun soaked Scotiabank Field on Sunday afternoon.
Canadians starter RHP Ben White gave up runs in each of his four innings of work including a two-run home run to Everett 3B Patrick Kivlehan that helped the Aquasox to a 6-2 lead. Vancouver would watch Kivlehan strike again in the top of the 6th inning when Canadians reliever RHP Arik Sikula gave up a three-run home run that scored CF Michael Faulkner and SS Chris Taylor to make it 10-4
Vancouver managed runs in each of their first four innings with SS Jorge Flores acting as the catalyst at the bottom of the order. Flores would go 2-for-4 with an RBI on the day to raise his average to .294 on the summer.
The Canadians rallied for a pair of runs in the bottom of the 8th inning as RHP Oliver Garcia would come in and walk four straight hitters before giving way to RHP Marcos Reyna who would walk SS Jason Leblebijian to cut the lead to 10-6. Reyna would settle down with the bases loaded and just the one out getting both 1B Balbino Fuenmayor and LF Nick Baligod to pop out and ground out respectively to end the surge.
With the loss, Vancouver falls to 14-9 (.609) on the season and drop 2 1/2 games back of Everett in the West as the Aquasox improve to 17-7 (.708). The Canadians have 14 games remaining in the first half of the Northwest League schedule.
• Discuss this story on the Northwest League message board...
Northwest League Stories from July 8, 2012
- Tri-City Takes Game, Series from Spokane - Tri-City Dust Devils
- Weather Shortens Game, But Bears Win 10-1 - Yakima Bears
- AquaSox Bounce back with 10-6 Win over Canadians - Vancouver Canadians
- Dust Devils Blow by Indians 9-0 - Tri-City Dust Devils
- Hawks Win Series Opener Against Bears with Six Doubles - Yakima Bears
- Hawks end seven-game road losing streak - Boise Hawks
- Vancouver tops Aquasox 4-3 in front of sold out Scotiabank Field on Saturday - Vancouver Canadians
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Vancouver Canadians Stories
- Canadians Baron Receives 3rd Consecutive Sports Turf Manager of the Year Award
- Robertson Named NWL Player of the Week
- C's Swept in Season Finale; Fall 3-1 to Everett
- C's Fall 11-3 in Everett on Sunday Afternoon
- C's Just Can't Catch Everett; Fall 5-3 on Saturday