Vancouver tops Aquasox 4-3 in front of sold out Scotiabank Field on Saturday
(Scotiabank Field - Vancouver, BC) - Canadians LF Nick Baligod hit his 6th double of the summer in the bottom of the 5th inning that scored DH Balbino Fuenmayor to give Vancouver a 4-3 victory over Everett in the opening game of a West Division showdown out at Scotiabank Field on Saturday night in front of a sold out crowd of 5,157.
After giving up a pair of runs in the top of the 1st inning, Canadians starter LHP Bobby Brosnahan settled in going five inning scattering four hits for his second win of the season. The trio of RHP Jon Lucas (2.0IP); RHP Ian Kadish (1.0IP) and RHP Drew Permison (1.0IP) pitched the final four innings shutting down Everett's offense limiting the attack to just one hit over that span.
Canadians leadoff hitter CF Ian Parmley reached base in all four of his plate appearances going 1-for-1 with three walks and two runs scored. DH Balbino Fuenmayor went 1-for-4 but had a pair of RBI to give him a Northwest League leading 20 through 22 games.
• Discuss this story on the Northwest League message board...
Northwest League Stories from July 8, 2012
- Tri-City Takes Game, Series from Spokane - Tri-City Dust Devils
- Weather Shortens Game, But Bears Win 10-1 - Yakima Bears
- AquaSox Bounce back with 10-6 Win over Canadians - Vancouver Canadians
- Dust Devils Blow by Indians 9-0 - Tri-City Dust Devils
- Hawks Win Series Opener Against Bears with Six Doubles - Yakima Bears
- Hawks end seven-game road losing streak - Boise Hawks
- Vancouver tops Aquasox 4-3 in front of sold out Scotiabank Field on Saturday - Vancouver Canadians
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Vancouver Canadians Stories
- Canadians Baron Receives 3rd Consecutive Sports Turf Manager of the Year Award
- Robertson Named NWL Player of the Week
- C's Swept in Season Finale; Fall 3-1 to Everett
- C's Fall 11-3 in Everett on Sunday Afternoon
- C's Just Can't Catch Everett; Fall 5-3 on Saturday