Anaheim Recalls Blandisi and De Leo
SAN DIEGO - The Anaheim Ducks announced today that the National Hockey League (NHL) club has recalled centers Joseph Blandisi and Chase De Leo from the San Diego Gulls, Anaheim's primary development affiliate in the American Hockey League (AHL).
Blandisi, 24 (7/18/94), has collected 8-18=26 points in 71 career NHL games with Anaheim and New Jersey. Acquired from New Jersey with Adam Henrique and a 2018 third-round draft pick in exchange for Sami Vatanen and a conditional draft pick on Nov. 30, 2017, Blandisi earned a +2 rating in three games with Anaheim last season. The 5-11, 187-pound forward made his NHL debut in 2015-16, recording five goals and 12 assists in 41 games with New Jersey.
Selected by Colorado in the sixth round (162nd overall) of the 2012 NHL Draft, Blandisi began the 2018-19 season with two assists (0-2=2) in three games with San Diego. He has recorded 25-54=79 points in 107 career AHL games with San Diego, Binghamton and Albany.
De Leo, 22 (10/25/95), was acquired from Winnipeg in exchange for Nic Kerdiles on June 30, 2018. A native of La Mirada, CA, De Leo has appeared in two career NHL games with the Jets, collecting a +1 rating. He has also earned 46-65=111 points in 214 career AHL games with San Diego and Manitoba.
Selected by Winnipeg in the fourth round (99th overall) of the 2014 NHL Draft, De Leo earned 1-3=4 points in three games with the Gulls this season. At the time of his recall, De Leo co-led San Diego in assists and ranked second in points.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 16, 2018
- Anaheim Recalls Blandisi and De Leo - San Diego Gulls
- Phantoms Weekly - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Sabres Assign Tennyson to Rochester - Rochester Americans
- Condors Teddy Bear Toss 3 Pack on Sale Now - Bakersfield Condors
- Bears Weekly #2: Road Trip Continues as Bears Look for First Win - Hershey Bears
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Amerks Expand Partnership with Bill Gray's Iceplex to Help Grow the Game of Hockey - Rochester Americans
- Griffins Battle Stars and Wolves at Van Andel Arena - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Weekly: Penguins and Peters Return from Cleveland Unbeaten - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Rampage Announce Schedule Change - San Antonio Rampage
- Admirals Announce Schedule Change - Milwaukee Admirals
- The Bridgeport Report - Week 2 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Thorburn Assigned to Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- Ottawa Reassigns Jaros and Paul to Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Tucson Salvages a Point in Shootout Loss to San Jose - Tucson Roadrunners
- Barracuda Best Roadrunners 3-2 in Shootout - San Jose Barracuda
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Diego Gulls Stories
- Gulls Drop Game Two, 5-3; Series Even
- Gulls Keep Coming Back, Rally for OT Win in Game One
- San Diego Gulls 2018-19 Season Review
- San Diego Gulls Announce First Round TV and Radio Broadcast Schedule
- San Diego Gulls Announce Flagship Partnership with iHeartMedia San Diego for 2019 Calder Cup Playoffs