Anaheim Out-Shoots Colorado
DENVER, CO.,Jan. 19 - The Anaheim Arsenal shot 56.8% from the field in the 124-116 win over the Colorado 14ers on Friday night. The victory is the second straight for the Arsenal, improving Anaheim to 10-14 on the season. Colorado drops to 14-7 with its first loss in the last seven games at home.
Anaheim built a 19 point first half lead, and led by as many as 15 points in the fourth quarter. Colorado cut the deficit to three with 42 seconds left behind Pooh Jeter's nine points in the final period. Corsley Edwards then made the play of the game, rebounding a Majic Dorsey miss on the right side over Rick Rickert and Elton Brown. Edwards dunked the put-back and drew a foul on Rickert. His three-point play sealed the win for Anaheim.
"That was a big-time rebound. He went in traffic to get it and got the three point play, and I'm just happy he did it" said Arsenal coach Larry Smith. "We were struggling there for awhile, but we withstood their run, made shots in the end, and fortunately came out with a win."
Anaheim's James Augustine led all scorers with 26 points to go along with his 10 rebounds. Edwards finished with 21 points off the bench for the Arsenal, and was one of the five other Anaheim players to score in double figures.
Colorado shot 51.6% from the field, and was led by Von Wafer's 21 points and six assists in the loss. Elton Brown added 18 points and nine rebounds, while Pooh Jeter posted a double-double with 13 points and 10 assists.
The two teams will play again tomorrow night, Jan. 20 at the Broomfield Event Center.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 19, 2007
- Anaheim Out-Shoots Colorado - Anaheim Arsenal
- Anaheim Out-Shoots Colorado - Colorado 14ers
- RimRockers Set D-League Record - Arkansas RimRockers
- Wizards Win Thriller vs. Fort Worth - Dakota Wizards
- Elder, Smith help end Toros' losing streak - Austin Spurs
- Warriors Re-Assign O'Bryant To NBA Developmental League - Bakersfield Jam
- Four NBA D-League teams make roster moves - G League
- D-League daily developments - G League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.