Anaheim Arsenal Gives Back To Local Homeless Community
Orange County, CA (Jan. 21, 2009) Kiwanis, a community service organization, has announced a program to help Orange County residents in the current economic crisis. With the unemployment rate over 7% - its highest level since 1994 - we hope to lift the spirits of the jobless workers and relieve some stress by taking a day with their families to relax at the game.
Kiwanians in their 35 Orange County clubs are providing unemployed basketball fans and their families free tickets, while supplies last, to the Sunday February 8th NBA (d League) basketball game at the Anaheim Convention Center arena located at 800 West Katella Avenue, Anahem. The Anaheim Arsenal, an affiliate for the Atlanta Hawks and Los Angeles Clippers, has world-class player talent and provides an entertaining day out.
The Kiwanis sponsored tickets will be available until Wednesday January 28 by contacting an O C Kiwanian in your community at www.kiwanis.org/FindaClub.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 21, 2009
- Conroy paces Albuquerque past Idaho - Idaho Stampede
- Williams pushes Toros over Arsenal - Austin Spurs
- 66ers big fourth quarter ends Vipers win streak - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Energy's Tolliver Signed by New Orleans - Iowa Wolves
- Iowa's Anthony Tolliver Called up to New Orleans - G League
- Roberto Bergersen Joins Idaho Stampede - Idaho Stampede
- Anaheim Arsenal Gives Back To Local Homeless Community - Anaheim Arsenal
- NBA D-League Daily Developments - G League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.