GENEVA, IL - The Kane County Cougars, in conjunction with the Chicago Cubs, have announced that outfielder Albert Almora has been activated for tonight's game at Peoria. Catcher Carlos Escobar has been placed on the disabled list, retroactive to Monday. This afternoon's roster move maintains an active squad of 25 players as the Cougars open a three-game series in downstate Illinois this evening against Peoria. First pitch is set for 6:30 p.m.
Almora (1st Round, 2012) split his first professional season with rookie-level Mesa and Short-A Boise in 2012, hitting a combined .321 with 2 home runs and 19 RBI. Entering the season, Almora was ranked the second-best prospect in the Cubs minor league system by Baseball America. The publication also lists Almora as the "best hitter for average" and the "best defensive outfielder" in the Cubs minor league system.
The Cougars return home on Saturday to begin a Memorial Day weekend homestand. Tickets are available by calling (630) 232-8811 or ordering online at kccougars.com.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from May 22, 2013
- Dayton Prevails In Battle Of The Bullpens - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Kernels Fall 7-6 to Beloit - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Rickles' Two Blasts Carry Snappers Past Kernels - Beloit Snappers
- Heyer, Vargas Lead Chiefs to Big Win Wednesday - Peoria Chiefs
- Lowery Cools LumberKings in 5-3 Loss - Clinton LumberKings
- Winker's Home Run Lifts Dragons to Comeback Win - Dayton Dragons
- Loons, Hot Rods Suspended - Great Lakes Loons
- Bees Win 3 in a Row for 1st Time in 2013 - Burlington Bees
- Almora Debuts in Cougars Loss - Kane County Cougars
- Jose Molina Activated for Hot Rods - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Metro HS Games Postponed - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Almora Activated - Kane County Cougars
- Dozer Park Logo Unveiled - Peoria Chiefs
- Loons to Collect Items for U.S. Troops - Great Lakes Loons
- TinCaps Tripped Up In Return Home - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Captains Outslugged By Lugnuts - Lake County Captains
- Dragons vs. Whitecaps - Game Notes - May 22, 2013 - Dayton Dragons
- Lugnuts Survive Late Scare To Take 9-8 Victory - Lansing Lugnuts
- Cougars Homestand Preview - Kane County Cougars
- Silver Hawks' Announce Memorial Day Weekend Food Drive - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Dragons Announce Televised Games - Dayton Dragons
- Winker Earns Honor; Soto Added to List of Dragons in MLB - Dayton Dragons
- Captains Begin Home Stand Saturday, May 25 - Lake County Captains
- Modern Woodmen Park To Host Father's Day Cookout - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Cubs 2012 First Round Pick Transferred To Kane County - Kane County Cougars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kane County Cougars Stories
- Cougars Announce Charitable Partners for 2018 Season
- Single-Game Tickets for Cougars 2018 Season on Sale Now
- Cougars Release Schedule of Theme Nights and Giveaways for 2018 Season
- Ballpark Concert Series and Other Entertainment Announced for 2018
- Weekly Specials for Cougars 2018 Season Announced