All Nine Naturals Score in 10-3 Rout of San Antonio
All nine Northwest Arkansas Naturals hitters scored at least once and seven of the nine recorded hits on Thursday night, in a 10-3 win over the San Antonio Missions.
The complete team effort pushed the Naturals back to .500, the club's second consecutive win and fourth over San Antonio this year.
Most of the offense came in the back half of the game, as the Missions controlled the early parts of the game, leading 3-0 after the fourth. However, Rudy Martin hit a three-run homer in the fifth inning, his fourth of the season, sparked a rally of 10 unanswered runs in the come-from-behind victory.
Martin's home run made it 17 consecutive games in which the Naturals have homered, as the club has hit at least one long ball in every game so far in June.
Clay Dungan, Bobby Witt Jr. (MLB Pipeline's No. 7 prospect in baseball) and Travis Jones each had two-hit nights, with Witt Jr. and Jones each driving home two runs.
Witt Jr. had a two-run single of crucial insurance in the seventh, while Jones tripled home a run in the eighth and singled one in for the Natural's 10th run of the night in the ninth inning.
Austin Cox (MLB Pipeline's No. 14 Royals' prospect) could not pitch out of the fourth inning, but the Northwest Arkansas bullpen backed him up. Carlos Sanabria earned his first win of the season with 2.1 scoreless innings, striking out three. Lefty Robert Garcia struck out three as well, in 1.2 innings of work.
Josh Dye pitched the final 1.1 innings scoreless for his team-best fifth save of the season, as he entered the game with the tying run in the hole in the eighth inning.
Northwest Arkansas will look to make it three straight wins and secure at minimum a series split on Friday night, with right-hander Stephen Woods Jr. starting for the Naturals in the fourth game of the series.
• Discuss this story on the Double-A Central League message board...
Double-A Central League Stories from June 18, 2021
- CJ Abrams Has a Career Night in Missions Win against the Naturals - San Antonio Missions
- Cards Rally in 9th for Second Straight Night, Win 3-1 on Friday - Springfield Cardinals
- Drillers Drop Sixth Straight in Shutout Loss - Tulsa Drillers
- Holton Leads Way as Soddies Even Series with RockHounds - Amarillo Sod Poodles
- Surge Drop Friday Night Match to Cardinals - Wichita Wind Surge
- Wind Surge Job Fair - June 24th - Wichita Wind Surge
- Sod Poodles to Get Hawaiian at HODGETOWN - Amarillo Sod Poodles
- All Nine Naturals Score in 10-3 Rout of San Antonio - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- Nitro Circus at Riverfront Stadium September 3 - Wichita Wind Surge
- Perez Blasts Cardinals to 5-3 Win - Springfield Cardinals
- Arkansas Downs Tulsa for 3rd Straight Win - Arkansas Travelers
- Jake & Devin "Foyle" the Sod Poodles, 13-4 - Midland RockHounds
- Surge Fall to the Cards - Wichita Wind Surge
- Flying Chanclas Blow Three-Run Lead in Thursday Night Loss - San Antonio Missions
- Drillers Losing Streak Hits Five - Tulsa Drillers
- Late Runs Drop Sod Poodles at HODGETOWN - Amarillo Sod Poodles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Northwest Arkansas Naturals Stories
- Naturals Drop Marathon Series Finale Despite Homers from Perkins and Hicklen
- Blanco and Fermin Continue Dominance against Wind Surge in Third Straight Win over Wichita
- Naturals Mash Three More Homers in 9-1 Win over Wichita
- Cox Deals Six Shutout Innings and Offense Explodes in 12-1 Win over Wichita
- Pasquantino Homers Twice But Naturals Can't Rally in 8-5 Loss to Wichita