AirHogs Take Five Game Series
Grand Prairie- The AirHogs dug down offensively late in the game against the Laredo Lemurs Thurdays night and won 7-5 at QuikTrip Park. They also took the series from the Lemurs winning 3 games to 2. The Hogs used the fifth, sixth, and seventh innings to their advantage scoring all of their runs in these innings. In the seventh the man responsible for the runs was Angel Flores driving in two to give the AirHogs their 7-5 lead. Frazier Hall, Brandon Pinckney, and Juan Richardson also drove in a run each. Kenny Held went 2-for-3 on the day raising his batting average to .286.
Jake Cowan started on the mound for the AirHogs. He left the game with a no decision. Jakob Cunningham picks up his first win of the season pitching one inning and giving up only one run. Justin Dowdy pitched a perfect eighth inning knocking the Lemurs down 1-2-3. Patrick Mincey pitched the ninth inning and earned his second save of the season. He gave up no hits and struck out one.
The AirHogs will travel to El Paso for their first series against the Diablos. First pitch at Cohen Stadium will be at 7:05 P.M.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from June 7, 2013
- Rain Delay, No Problem, Diablos win 8-2 - El Paso Diablos
- American Association Results - AA
- Lemurs Lose in First Match against Amarillo - Laredo Lemurs
- Explorers Defeat Lincoln 6-3 - Sioux City Explorers
- Wingnuts' Comeback Falls Inches Short - Wichita Wingnuts
- Birds Pound Gary SouthShore in Series Opener - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Saints Protect Their Home (Plate) with 8-7 Win over Wingnuts - St. Paul Saints
- Canaries Power Past RailCats in Series Opener - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Explorers Down 'Dogs in Series Opener - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Sadler Gets Big 1,500th Hit, But Capitales Beat T-Bones - Kansas City T-Bones
- Comeback Effort Ends at the Warning Track - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Laber Pitches Gem in 'Hawks 3-1 Victory - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Congressman to Take Batting Practice at CommunityAmerica Ballpark - Kansas City T-Bones
- AirHogs Take Five Game Series - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Lemurs Play Tonight - Laredo Lemurs
- Wichita Wingnuts Game Notes - June 7th, 2013 - Wichita Wingnuts
- Goldeyes Announce Upcoming Promotions - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Lemurs Lose Series to Airhogs - Laredo Lemurs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Grand Prairie AirHogs Stories
- Weekend Ballpark Parking Announced
- AirHogs Outduel Lemurs
- AirHogs Rally late to Beat ThunderHeads
- Even Year Old Heart Recipient Throws Out Ceremonial First Pitch
- AirHogs Walk Over Lemurs