AirHogs Put Sox in Hamper with Sweep
Grand Prairie-Coming back for a third straight night the AirHogs (41-35) found another way to beat the Amarillo Sox, 4-3, Wednesday night at QuikTrip Park to complete the three-game sweep. Falling down a run in the top of the ninth, the AirHogs needed to play catch up and they did just that by putting up two runs in the bottom of the ninth. Yasutsugu Nishimoto was the first to score in the ninth off of a Chad Mozingo sacrifice fly. Nishimoto scored earlier in the game. Going 3-for-5 and scoring twice, including the winning run, was Brandon Pinckney, who followed Mozingo with a two-out double. After an intentional walk to Brian Myrow and a hit-by-pitch to Andres Rodriguez, Palmer Karr Jr. walked on five pitches pushing across the winning run for the AirHogs.
Derek Blacksher had a great outing for the AirHogs going 7.2 innings and only allowing two runs on six hits. Blacksher struck out four Sox players. Chase Johnson, the newest AirHog acquired earlier in the day from Fargo-Moorhead, pitched the final out of the eighth inning. Patrick Mincey pitched the ninth and picked up the win (5-1) allowing one run on two hits.
With the three-game sweep the AirHogs find themselves right in the thick of the race in the South Division. The AirHogs travel to Laredo next only a half-game down from the Lemurs. Grand Prairie begins a four-game series with the Lemurs on Thursday night in Laredo with first pitch set for 7:35 P.M.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from August 7, 2013
- AirHogs Put Sox in Hamper with Sweep - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Winnipeg Rallies To Defeat Explorers 5-4 - Sioux City Explorers
- Lemurs Back in First after Beating Diablos - Laredo Lemurs
- Grand Prairie puts Sox in Hamper with Sweep - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- RailCats Grind out 9-4 Win over Kansas City - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Gary Walks Away from Kansas City - Kansas City T-Bones
- Lincoln Mounts Massive Comeback to Clinch Series - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Ramon the Hero as Fish Walk-Off - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Seven-Run First Inning Not Enough for Canaries - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Stanton, RedHawks Cruise past Saints in 2-0 Victory - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Saints Drop Season High Fifth Straight, Lose 2-0 to RedHawks - St. Paul Saints
- Wingnuts Smash Boulders - Wichita Wingnuts
- Diablos Announce August 8-10 & 13-15 Promotions - El Paso Diablos
- RedHawks Acquire Miramontes - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- RailCats Sign Fontana, Release Adkins - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- McLain to Sign His Book "I Told You I Wasn't Perfect," Take Photos With Fans on August 10 - St. Paul Saints
- American Association Results - AA
- Piepkorn Comes up Clutch as RedHawks overcome Saints - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Diablos Slip by Lemurs - Laredo Lemurs
- Saints Come from Four Back Only to Lose on Walkoff in Ninth 10-9 - St. Paul Saints
- Winnipeg Defeats Explorers 3-1 - Sioux City Explorers
- Early Hole Too Much for Canaries - Sioux Falls Canaries
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Grand Prairie AirHogs Stories
- Weekend Ballpark Parking Announced
- AirHogs Outduel Lemurs
- AirHogs Rally late to Beat ThunderHeads
- Even Year Old Heart Recipient Throws Out Ceremonial First Pitch
- AirHogs Walk Over Lemurs