AirHogs Open Kansas City Series with Close Loss
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - The Texas AirHogs got a home run from Stewart Ijames and another RBI from Dillon Thomas but fell to the T-Bones 4-2 in Kansas City Monday evening. The teams continue the series tomorrow at 7:05.
Ijames got Texas going early with a home run on the second pitch of the game from Tommy Collier. The blast was the eighth of the season for Ijames. The T-Bones rallied with two outs in the second, reaching five straight to erase the early deficit and take a 2-1 lead.
Zhang Tao got the start for Texas and posted 4.2 innings of solid work. He limited the T-Bones, who entered play hitting .296 as a team, to three runs (three earned) over 4.2 innings in his first start and third appearance of the year. He would ultimately suffer the loss to drop to 0-1 on the season.
Collier lasted into the eighth and did not allow a hit after the second. He picked up the win to move to 8-3 on the season. Ijames scored once again on an RBI groundout by Thomas in the sixth, but the AirHogs could get no closer. Texas left three on third base in the game.
Kansas City outhit Texas 7-3. The T-Bones were paced by Alay Lago, who finished with two hits and two runs scored.
Texas (19-54) continues the series vs. Kansas City (47-26) tomorrow. RHP Cody White (0-0, 7.71 ERA) will start for the AirHogs vs. RHP Barrett Astin (8-3, 6.58 ERA) for the T-Bones. A live broadcast of the game will be available at mixlr.com/TXAirHogs.
The Texas AirHogs - powered by Beijing Shougang Eagles will travel to Kansas City and Lincoln this week and return home August 14 vs. Cleburne. Tickets for all home games are available. Visit AirHogsBaseball.com for more information. For the latest news, follow the team on Twitter and Facebook @TXAirHogs.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from August 7, 2018
- Lambson Stellar Again as Goldeyes Top Cleburne - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Two-Out Runs Cost Saints in 7-5 Loss to Canaries - St. Paul Saints
- Railroaders Fall to Goldeyes in Game 2 - Cleburne Railroaders
- KC Wrestles with the Hogs, But T-Bones Triumph - Kansas City T-Bones
- It's Going to be An Animal House at CHS Field During the August 9-18 Homestand - St. Paul Saints
- Defense Helps Saltdogs to 4-3 Win in Gary - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Colwell and RedHawks Take Game One from Dogs - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Wichita Leaves X's Stranded in Series Opener - Sioux City Explorers
- AirHogs Open Kansas City Series with Close Loss - Texas AirHogs
- Bullpen Shines as Wichita Knocks off X's - Wichita Wingnuts
- Dogs Lose See-Saw Affair 4-3 in First Ever Game in Fargo - Chicago Dogs
- Birds Drop Series Opener to Saints After Rough First Inning - Sioux Falls Canaries
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- RailCats 9th Inning Rally Not Enough in 4-3 Defeat - Gary SouthShore Railcats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.