AirHogs Never Relinquish Lead, Beat Amarillo
Amarillo- Game 3 went to the Grand Prairie AirHogs 10-5, beating the Amarillo Sox Wednesday night at Sox Stadium. The AirHogs took the lead early and never gave it up, scoring five times before the Sox could register a run. Driving in three of those runs was Palmer Karr Jr. who went 2-for-5 including two home runs. That puts Karr at four home runs on the season. Going 2-for-4 was Rian Kiniry who scored twice himself. Brandon Pinckney and Ryan Pineda each had two hits. Pinckney scored once and drove in two runs while Pineda also drove in two. Yasutsugu Nishimoto went 1-for-3 with a walk and scored twice. In all the AirHogs scored 10 runs on 10 hits.
Getting his eighth win of the season was starter Josh Strawn who threw six innings allowing three runs on nine hits. Strawn struck out one Sox player. Derrick Miramontes allowed the other two runs in one inning on two hits. He struck out one of the three outs he made. Allowing one hit but striking out three batters was Boomer Potts. Potts' ERA is at 1.83 on the year but a perfect 0.00 with the AirHogs. Patrick Mincey ended the game allowing one hit but no runs.
The Grand Prairie AirHogs and the Amarillo Sox will close out their four-game set Thursday night at 7:05 P.M. If the AirHogs pull out another victory they will leave splitting the series and will be tied with the Sox in the South Division. What position that is also depends on the result of Laredo's game against Kansas City.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from August 1, 2013
- Birds Homer Three Times But Fall in Rubber Match - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Lemurs Score 10 Unanswered, Split Series - Kansas City T-Bones
- Series taken with huge win - Amarillo ThunderHeads
- Souleful Win for the Saints in 3-2 Victory over RedHawks - St. Paul Saints
- Watch The Cowboys Sunday At Uni-Trade Stadium Club - Laredo Lemurs
- Padgett Selected as League Hitter of the Month - Kansas City T-Bones
- Joe Harris Named American Association Pitcher of the Month - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Wingnuts Win Final Game in El Paso - Wichita Wingnuts
- AirHogs Never Relinquish Lead, Beat Amarillo - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Diablos fall short of sweep, losing 11-9 - El Paso Diablos
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Gary Southshore Takes Final Game From Explorers - Sioux City Explorers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Grand Prairie AirHogs Stories
- Weekend Ballpark Parking Announced
- AirHogs Outduel Lemurs
- AirHogs Rally late to Beat ThunderHeads
- Even Year Old Heart Recipient Throws Out Ceremonial First Pitch
- AirHogs Walk Over Lemurs