AirHogs Lose Opener to Newark
Grand Prairie- After a long trip back from Sioux Falls, the AirHogs couldn't manage much offense and fell to the Newark Bears 6-3 Friday night at QuikTrip Park. The AirHogs scored all three runs on a Ryan Pineda double. Pineda drove in Angel Flores, Micah Gibbs, and Bubba Dotson with a double in the fourth inning that gave Grand Prairie a 3-0 lead. Pineda also had a single to start off the first inning. Gibbs went 2-for-4 in the game including getting on base in the fourth with a single. Flores went 1-for-3 in the game.
Getting the loss for the AirHogs was starting pitcher Brandon Bargas (1-2), who went 5.1 innings. He gave up four runs on seven hits. Bargas did strike out five Bears. David Quinowski pitched two innings giving up only two hits and struck out two.
Newark and Grand Prairie play game two Saturday night at 7:05 P.M. at QuikTrip Park.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from June 28, 2013
- American Association Results - AA
- Wingnuts Take Down Sioux City - Wichita Wingnuts
- Birds hit three home runs but lose sixth straight - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Errors Costly as KC Losing Skid Hits Five - Kansas City T-Bones
- AirHogs Lose Opener to Newark - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Saints Cure Road Woes with 10-6 Win over Canaries - St. Paul Saints
- Brachold, RedHawks Defeat T-Bones 5-2 to Extend Winning Streak - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Wichita Defeats Explorers 13-5 - Sioux City Explorers
- RailCats and Goldeyes Washed Out - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Diablos Get Swept Against Amarillo, 4-0 - El Paso Diablos
- Wichita Wingnuts Game Notes - June 28th, 2013 - Wichita Wingnuts
- Saltdogs Update - Lincoln Saltdogs
- AirHogs Ground the Canaries in Doubleheader, Series Sweep - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Fish Jump on Xs Early, Take Series - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Epic comeback in longest home game of the year - Amarillo ThunderHeads
- American Association Recaps - AA
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Grand Prairie AirHogs Stories
- Weekend Ballpark Parking Announced
- AirHogs Outduel Lemurs
- AirHogs Rally late to Beat ThunderHeads
- Even Year Old Heart Recipient Throws Out Ceremonial First Pitch
- AirHogs Walk Over Lemurs