AirHogs go Long for Victory Against Explorers
Sioux City- AirHogs rely on the long ball to beat the Sioux City Explorers 5-2 Saturday night at Lewis and Clark Park. Andres Rodriguez went 2-for-3 going deep for the AirHogs. He scored two runs and drove in two. That was his fourth of the year. Ryan Pineda also hit one deep for the AirHogs. He drove in three and scored one run on the home run. Pineda went 2-for-4 on the night. Brandon Pinckney went 2-for-4 in the game as well. Grand Prairie had only eight hits in the game but that was enough to drive in five and win the game.
Josh Strawn got the win for the AirHogs. He went seven innings allowing four hits and no runs. He struck out 10 batters which is a season and career high for him. Justin Dowdy pitched an inning and only gave up one run. Patrick Mincey pitched the ninth and gave up one run. Both struck out one batter each.
The AirHogs and Explorers will meet in the finale of their three game series Sunday night at 6:05 P.M.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from June 15, 2013
- American Association Results - AA
- AirHogs go Long for Victory Against Explorers - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Grand Prairie Evens Series With Win Over Explorers - Sioux City Explorers
- Seven-Run Sixth Lifts Wingnuts - Wichita Wingnuts
- Long Ball Sends Lemurs to Victory - Laredo Lemurs
- Saltdogs Sharp in Well-Pitched Win for Huge Crowd - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Canaries Lose Lead Late, Fall to Amarillo - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Seven Run Sixth Does in Saints in 11-4 Loss - St. Paul Saints
- Sox come back in the eighth to win it - Amarillo ThunderHeads
- Goldeyes Falter Late, Series Evened - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Late Game Heroics Push RedHawks Past RailCats 4-3 - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Late-Inning Homers Help Fargo Even Series - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- RedHawks Sign Ernst, Release Hess - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Wichita Wingnuts Game Notes - June 15th, 2013 - Wichita Wingnuts
- Security National Bank Youth Clinic Postponed - Sioux City Explorers
- Lemurs Pitching and Diablos Errors Lead to Laredo Win - Laredo Lemurs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Grand Prairie AirHogs Stories
- Weekend Ballpark Parking Announced
- AirHogs Outduel Lemurs
- AirHogs Rally late to Beat ThunderHeads
- Even Year Old Heart Recipient Throws Out Ceremonial First Pitch
- AirHogs Walk Over Lemurs