Lemurs Pitching and Diablos Errors Lead to Laredo Win
Laredo, TX - The Lemurs defeated El Paso 4-3 after the early pitching heroics of LHP Fabian Williamson held the Diablos to just one hit in five innings. Williamson also had seven strikeouts, earning his second straight win and second straight game without allowing a run.
Diablos LHP Kevin Brahney did his best to keep up and had a solid outing of his own, allowing just three hits and two runs in his six innings. The pitching duel kept the game close and an RBI double from El Paso 3B Omar Luna tied things up in the eighth.
Lemurs CF Sawyer Carroll hit a double of his own for the Lemurs later in the bottom of the inning, with a throwing error by second baseman Jose Garcia leading to the Lemurs scoring two runs on the play as both John Allen and Carroll were awarded home plate when the ball rolled into the dugout on attempt to get Allen out at third on the play to give the Lemurs a 4-2 lead.ÃÂ
El Paso's batters started out strong in the top of the ninth, loading the bases and scoring after SS Maikol Gonzalez was walked. However, the Diablos came up short, ending the game with the bases still loaded.
The Laredo Lemurs will be at Uni-Trade Stadium through Wednesday, June 19as they face off against the El Paso Diablos and the Sioux Falls Canaries.ÃÂ ÃÂ
Single game tickets, season tickets, suite rentals, and group packages are on sale now. ÃÂ For more information, call the Lemurs' office at 956-7LEMURS or visit the Lemurs' official website at www.laredolemurs.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from June 15, 2013
- American Association Results - AA
- AirHogs go Long for Victory Against Explorers - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Grand Prairie Evens Series With Win Over Explorers - Sioux City Explorers
- Seven-Run Sixth Lifts Wingnuts - Wichita Wingnuts
- Long Ball Sends Lemurs to Victory - Laredo Lemurs
- Saltdogs Sharp in Well-Pitched Win for Huge Crowd - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Canaries Lose Lead Late, Fall to Amarillo - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Seven Run Sixth Does in Saints in 11-4 Loss - St. Paul Saints
- Sox come back in the eighth to win it - Amarillo ThunderHeads
- Goldeyes Falter Late, Series Evened - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Late Game Heroics Push RedHawks Past RailCats 4-3 - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Late-Inning Homers Help Fargo Even Series - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- RedHawks Sign Ernst, Release Hess - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Wichita Wingnuts Game Notes - June 15th, 2013 - Wichita Wingnuts
- Security National Bank Youth Clinic Postponed - Sioux City Explorers
- Lemurs Pitching and Diablos Errors Lead to Laredo Win - Laredo Lemurs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.