AirHogs get ready for August 16-18 series against the Diablos
GRAND PRAIRIE, Texas - The Grand Prairie AirHogs open a three-game series with the El Paso Diablos Friday night at QuikTrip Park at 7:05 p.m. There are all kinds of unique promotions set for the weekend series. The AirHogs will play 13 of their last 16 regular season games at QuikTrip Park beginning on Friday night.
Upcoming Series against the El Paso Diablos August 16-18, at QuikTrip Park
Friday, August 16 at 7:05 p.m. - It's Grand Prairie Parks, Arts and Recreation Department Night. Select AirHogs players will meet and greet fans at the front gate. The first 100 fans through the gates will receive a FREE AirHogs foam finger.
Saturday, August 17 at 7:05 p.m. - It's Fireworks Night at QuikTrip Park as there is a big post-game fireworks show slated. It's also Brahmas Night as the hockey team will be honored before the game. And it's Boy Scout and Cub Scout Campout Night.
Sunday, August 18 at 6:05 p.m. - It's Family Sunday with $1 dollar hot dogs and $1 Pepsi products. Parents can play catch on the field before the game with their kids and then youngsters get to run the bases after the game. It's also Dog Day as fans who bring their dog to the game will receive a FREE Frisbee.
AirHogs pitcher Jared Mortensen had his contract purchased by the Tampa Bay Rays on Wednesday morning. The RHP was 4-6 with a 3.76 ERA for the AirHogs. He's slated to go to the Rays' High-A affiliate, the Charlotte Stone Crabs of the Florida State League. This marks the third AirHogs' player to have his contract purchased this season. Outfielder Aaron King joined the Boston Red Sox organization a couple of weeks into the season, while catcher Micah Gibbs had his contract purchased by the Kansas City Royals organization back on July 13.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from August 15, 2013
- Clark Homers Twice But Canaries Lose in St. Paul - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Crooked Numbers, Eight Straight Hits in Inning, Help Saints to 12-8 Win - St. Paul Saints
- Goldeyes Roll Through Sioux City, Keep Pace in Wild Card Race - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Explorers Split Victories With Winnipeg - Sioux City Explorers
- RailCats and Wingnuts Rained out Again - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Thursday's Game Postponed, Double Header Next Week - Wichita Wingnuts
- Jarvis acquired for a package of players to be named later - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- American Association Roundup - August 15 - AA
- The RailCats Are Back At U. S. Steel Yard Friday Night - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Bourquin, RedHawks Power Past Boulders - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Wichita Wingnuts Game Notes - August 15th, 2013 - Wichita Wingnuts
- AirHogs get ready for August 16-18 series against the Diablos - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Canaries Win Marathon in St. Paul - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Saints Lose Fourth Longest Game in Franchise History, 13-10 in 12 Innings - St. Paul Saints
- Laredo Lemurs Game Postponed - Laredo Lemurs
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Wingnuts Split Twinbill with 'Cats - Wichita Wingnuts
- Diablos Tonight's Game Postponed - El Paso Diablos
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Grand Prairie AirHogs Stories
- Weekend Ballpark Parking Announced
- AirHogs Outduel Lemurs
- AirHogs Rally late to Beat ThunderHeads
- Even Year Old Heart Recipient Throws Out Ceremonial First Pitch
- AirHogs Walk Over Lemurs