AirHogs Force Extra Innings, Bring Down Sox
Amarillo- After being held scoreless for eight innings the Grand Prairie AirHogs (45-37) made the last inning count forcing extra innings and winning it in the 10th 5-2 Tuesday night at Sox Stadium. The AirHogs scored two runs in the top of the ninth to tie it 2-2, then scored three in the 10th to win. Chad Mozingo went 2-for-5 scoring twice in the game. Andres Rodriguez went 2-for-4 and picked up two RBIs. Also getting two RBIs was Palmer Karr Jr. Scoring the other runs was Ryan Pineda, Brandon Pinckney and Rian Kiniry. The win by the AirHogs and a loss by the Laredo Lemurs, gives the AirHogs soul ownership of the South Division lead by a game.
Starting the game but receiving a no decision was Jared Mortensen who went 5.1 innings allowing two runs on five hits and striking out four. Stephen Nikonchik went an inning allowing two hits but no runs and striking out one. David Quinowski faced a batter allowing a hit but no runs. Chase Johnson pitched .1 of an inning allowing no hits and no runs. Boomer Potts picked up the win for the AirHogs pitching 2.1 innings allowing one hit and no runs and struck out one. Patrick Mincey got the save in the game pitching the 10th allowing no hits and no runs. Mincey struck out one of the three players he faced.
The AirHogs seem to find a way to keep coming back against the Sox. Winning the first two of the four-game series puts them in the driver's seat and as they near the end of the season they need to keep the foot on the gas. Game 3 is set for 7:05 P.M. Wednesday night at Sox Stadium.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from August 14, 2013
- RailCats Split Doubleheader in Wichita - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Loggins, Kansas City Dust off Saltdogs in Series Finale - Kansas City T-Bones
- Eighth-Inning Rally Propels RedHawks to Victory over Boulders - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- 'Dogs Lethargic as T-Bones Cruise in Rubber Game - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Explorers And Goldeyes Game Suspended Due To Rain - Sioux City Explorers
- Goldeyes and Explorers Suspended After Four - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Amarillo Sox Rained Out - Amarillo ThunderHeads
- T-Bones Acquire Third Baseman in Trade with Amarillo - Kansas City T-Bones
- 'Nuts Fans Attempt to Break World Record Saturday - Wichita Wingnuts
- Wichita Wingnuts Game Notes - August 14th, 2013 - Wichita Wingnuts
- RailCats To Host Home Field Advantage Youth Baseball Camp This Saturday - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Back and Forth Match Goes to Diablos - Laredo Lemurs
- AirHogs Force Extra Innings, Bring Down Sox - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Diablos take Game 1, against Laredo - El Paso Diablos
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Paramore Says 'No More' with Walk-Off Homer - Kansas City T-Bones
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Grand Prairie AirHogs Stories
- Weekend Ballpark Parking Announced
- AirHogs Outduel Lemurs
- AirHogs Rally late to Beat ThunderHeads
- Even Year Old Heart Recipient Throws Out Ceremonial First Pitch
- AirHogs Walk Over Lemurs