AirHogs Drop Finale of Series Against Wichita
Grand Prairie- The Grand Prairie AirHogs (26-19) couldn't complete the sweep of the Wichita Wingnuts dropping the finale 6-2 Friday night at QuikTrip Park. The AirHogs took the series three games to one from the American Association leading Wingnuts. In the game Friday, Yasutsugu Nishimoto went 2-for-4 and scored one of the two runs for the AirHogs. Scoring the other one was Rian Kiniry, who was signed Thursday and has two runs in two games. Ryan Pineda picked up both RBI's on an eighth inning double and a ninth inning sacrifice fly.
Jorge Lugo was the starting pitcher and receives the loss for the AirHogs. Lugo pitched seven innings in which he gave up three runs on seven hits. He did record two strikeouts in the game. David Quinowski closed out the ninth inning after Jakob Cunningham gave up three runs in the eighth. Quinowski only gave up one hit and no runs during his stint.
The AirHogs will travel to El Paso and take on the Diablos. The first game of a four-game series will begin on Saturday night at Cohen Stadium.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from July 5, 2013
- Canaries Outlast T-Bones in See-Saw Battle - Kansas City T-Bones
- Explorers Pound Out 14 Hits In Win Over Gary - Sioux City Explorers
- AirHogs Drop Finale of Series Against Wichita - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Saints Trounced by Goldeyes 14-7 - St. Paul Saints
- Big win evens the home stand record - Amarillo ThunderHeads
- Smith's Big Effort, Hit Barrage Help Break Streak - Wichita Wingnuts
- Parise Narrowly Misses No-No, Tosses One-Hitter - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Salazar Silences RailCats - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Canaries Sign Reliever Chris Allen - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Wichita Wingnuts Game Notes - July 5th, 2013 - Wichita Wingnuts
- Celebrate Independence Day Weekend With Great Independent Baseball During Saints July 6-9 Homestand - St. Paul Saints
- Lemurs Win Back and Forth Match - Laredo Lemurs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Grand Prairie AirHogs Stories
- Weekend Ballpark Parking Announced
- AirHogs Outduel Lemurs
- AirHogs Rally late to Beat ThunderHeads
- Even Year Old Heart Recipient Throws Out Ceremonial First Pitch
- AirHogs Walk Over Lemurs