Adolfo Earns CL Player of the Week Honors
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. - Dash outfielder Micker Adolfo was named the Carolina League's Player of the Week for April 5-15, the league office announced on Monday. This is the first round of Player of the Week awards in the 2018 season.
In 11 games to begin the campaign, Adolfo hit .395 (17-for-43) with five doubles, two home runs and 10 RBIs. Thanks to his strong start, Adolfo finds his name at the top of several different offensive categories in the Carolina League.
At the time of his Player of the Week announcement, Adolfo led the league in hits (17). He was also second in the league in average (.395), tied for second in doubles (5) and RBIs (10) and third in the league in slugging percentage (.651).
Adolfo finished the opening stretch of the season on an eight-game hitting streak, which included five multi-hit games. During that streak, the Dominican Republic native was part of the Dash's four-homer eighth inning on Saturday against the Carolina Mudcats. His solo home run in that frame brought Winston-Salem within a run. The Dash would tie the game and win 6-5 in 10 innings.
The following day, Adolfo went 2-for-3 with a double and a solo home run, collecting a season-high six total bases.
This is the first career Player of the Week honor for Adolfo, the 10th-best prospect in the White Sox system per MLB Pipeline. Last season, he was named both a Postseason South Atlantic League All-Star and a MiLB.com Organizational All-Star.
The Dash continue their three-game road trip on Tuesday against the Down East Wood Ducks. Following the team's three-game series in Kinston, the Dash return home to BB&T Ballpark for a four-game series against the Salem Red Sox from April 19-22. The homestand opener will be a Lowes Foods Thirsty Thursday, with select beers available for $1 through the seventh inning. Other Thursday promotions include a Yoga(mmunity) and Pups in the Park outing. For tickets and more information, call the Dash at (336) 714-2287 or visit wsdash.com.
The Winston-Salem Dash are the Class-A Advanced Minor League affiliate of the Chicago White Sox. To purchase tickets and for more information, please call 336-714-2287 or visit www.wsdash.com.
• Discuss this story on the Carolina League message board...
Carolina League Stories from April 17, 2018
- Lynchburg Arms Lead Hillcats to Series Victory - Frederick Keys
- Basabe, Mercedes Hit Solo Homers in Tuesday's Loss - Winston-Salem Dash
- Bullpen Falters as P-Nats Fall 7-4 - Potomac Nationals
- Sox Surge Past P-Nats 7-4 Tuesday - Salem Red Sox
- Aguilar and Belonis Combine on Four RBI in 7-4 Road Win - Carolina Mudcats
- Hentges Strikes out Ten in 4-1 Victory over Frederick - Lynchburg Hillcats
- Down East Claims One-Run Win and the Series over Winston-Salem - Down East Wood Ducks
- Rocks Rally Falls Short in Loss - Wilmington Blue Rocks
- Thompson Strong, But Birds Falter Late in 6-2 Loss - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Say No to Drugs Day at City Stadium April 18 - Lynchburg Hillcats
- Winston-Salem Dash: Game Notes (April 17 at Down East) - Winston-Salem Dash
- April 17 - Carolina Mudcats Game Information - Carolina Mudcats
- Garza Named Carolina League Pitcher of the Week - Lynchburg Hillcats
- Myrtle Beach Pelicans: Game Notes, April 17 at Buies Creek - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Second Homestand Includes Mystery Night, Star Wars and the Candy Drop - Frederick Keys
- Adolfo Earns CL Player of the Week Honors - Winston-Salem Dash
- Kieboom's Slam Highlights Potomac's 9-4 Victory - Potomac Nationals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Winston-Salem Dash Stories
- Dash to Wear "Rayados" Jerseys for Five Games
- Dash to Host Food Truck Festival on Saturday, April 13
- Dash Sign Bolt to a Record 14-Year Extension
- Friday's Wake Forest Game at BB&T Ballpark Moved
- Oh Say Can You Sing? Winston-Salem Journal National Anthem Tryouts Set for Saturday