Aces Waive Avery Warley-Talbert, Sign Megan Huff
Bradenton, FL - Las Vegas Aces General Manager Dan Padover announced today that the team has waived center Avery Warley-Talbert, and signed 6-3 forward Megan Huff.
Warley-Talbert, in her seventh season in the WNBA, played in three games this year for the Aces averaging 2.7 points and 2.7 rebounds while making 42.9 percent of her shots from the field.
Huff was originally selected in the third round of the 2019 WNBA Draft by the New York Liberty, but was waived during training camp. The Minnesota Lynx signed her on June 17 of this year, and she played five minutes in three games before being waived on August 6.
The 2019 Utah grad became the second player in program history to earn back-to-back first-team All-Pac-12 honors, and the third player to score 1,000 points in her career in just two seasons.
During her senior year in 2018-19, Huff averaged 19.6 points and 9.9 rebounds per game,while ranking in the top-15 in the Pac-12 in scoring, rebounding, field goal percentage, free throw percentage, steals, three-point field goal percentage and blocks. That same season, she scored a career-high 38 points against the No. 4 Oregon Ducks.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from August 8, 2020
- Diana Taurasi Injury Update - Phoenix Mercury
- Game Preview: Fever Meet Mystics for Second Time on Sunday Night - Indiana Fever
- Postgame Notes: Atlanta Dream 75, Dallas Wings 85 - Atlanta Dream
- Wings Walk Through Dream 85-75 - Dallas Wings
- Aces Waive Avery Warley-Talbert, Sign Megan Huff - Las Vegas Aces
- Liberty Sign Guard Paris Kea - New York Liberty
- Wilson Scores 26, McCoughtry Adds 24 as Aces Top Sparks, 86-82 - Las Vegas Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.