Aces Sign B.J. Crum, Get Wrenn Back from AHL
The Alaska Aces have signed former Aces defenseman B.J. Crum for the remainder of the 2012-2013 season, and have welcomed back defenseman William Wrenn from the Worcester Sharks of the American Hockey League Aces Head Coach, Rob Murray announced on Monday. Both players have joined the Aces in Las Vegas are expected to be in the lineup on Monday afternoon. Alaska wraps up a three-game road trip with a Monday matinee game against the Las Vegas Wranglers at 1:05pm AKT. All Aces games this season can be heard on NewsTalk 103.7FM and 750AM KFQD. For more information, please contact the Aces office at 907.258.ACES, or visit them on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/alaskaaceshockey.
Crum, 29, returns to Alaska for his third season with the Aces. He originally joined the team in the 2008-2009 season from the Augusta Lynx, when Augusta suspended operations mid-season. Over a season and a half, Crum played in 95 regular season games for the Aces. The 6'2", 205 lbs. stay-at-home defenseman had 9 points (1g, 2a) and 105 penalty minutes in those games. His first season in Alaska was cut short in late March when he suffered a season ending injury that kept him out of Alaska's run to the Kelly Cup Finals. The following year he was responsible for one of the more memorable highlights of the Aces season. In the first game of the 2010 Kelly Cup Playoffs, the normally defensive-minded Crum scored twice late in regulation to propel Alaska to a 4-3 come-from-behind win over the Stockton Thunder.
Since he left Alaska, Crum spent two seasons in the Central Hockey League with the Laredo Bucks and Arizona Sundogs, respectively. This season he's played in 20 games with the Mississippi Surge of the Southern Professional Hockey League, where he amassed 7 points (2g, 5a), 28 penalty minutes and a +5 rating. In his pro career, Crum has played in 251 games, recording 42 points (7g, 35a) and 277 penalty minutes. That includes 157 games in the ECHL. Prior to turning pro, the Hampden, MA native played four seasons of college hockey at University of Connecticut.
Wrenn, 21, returns to Alaska after appearing in three games for Worcester. After Monday's game in Las Vegas, Wrenn will travel to Colorado to represent the Aces in the 2013 ECHL All-Star Game. He has 18 points (5g, 13a) in 40 games this season for Alaska.
The Aces wrap up a three-game road trip with a Monday matinee game against the Las Vegas Wranglers at 1:05pm AKT. All Aces games this season can be heard on NewsTalk 103.7FM and 750AM KFQD. For more information, please contact the Aces office at 907.258.ACES, or visit them on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/alaskaaceshockey.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 21, 2013
- Aces Pick up Point in 3-2 Shootout Loss in Vegas - Alaska Aces
- Special Teams Lift Wranglers 3-2 over League-Leading Aces - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Reign Edge Condors 2-1 in Overtime - Ontario Reign
- Boyd Scores Late as Condors Earn Point against Ontario in 2-1 Loss - Bakersfield Condors
- 7,238 Fans See Idaho Hold On - Utah Grizzlies
- Orlando Sweeps Wheeling with 2-1 Shootout Win - Orlando Solar Bears
- Nailers Earn Point in Orlando - Wheeling Nailers
- Idaho Escapes Utah with 5-3 Win - Idaho Steelheads
- Royals Radio Recon to Take the All-Star Breather this Week - Reading Royals
- ECHL Transactions - January 21 - ECHL
- Jackals De-Throne the Royals - Elmira Jackals
- ECHL this Week - January 21 - ECHL
- Gladiators Fall to Greenville, 4-1 - Atlanta Gladiators
- MeiGray Auctions ECHL All-Star Game-Worn Jerseys, Game-Used Pucks and Game-Worn Helmets - ECHL
- Road Warriors Cruise to 4-1 Win over Gladiators - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Lineups Announced for ECHL All-Star Skills Competition - ECHL
- IceMen Announce Game Date Change in Schedule - Evansville IceMen
- Colorado Eagles Weekly Update - Colorado Eagles
- Aces Sign B.J. Crum, Get Wrenn Back from AHL - Alaska Aces
- Weekly Warrior - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Wheeling Nailers - January 21 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Komets Hold Second Place at All-Star Break - Fort Wayne Komets
- Cyclones Weekly - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Camera Fan, Pack the House Night and Kid's Day Highlight Upcoming Weekend for Stingrays - South Carolina Stingrays
- Elmira Jackals Game Preview - Elmira Jackals
- ECHL Today - January 21 - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.