Abercrombie's Hot Week Lands Him Player of the Week
The American Association announced today that Winnipeg Goldeyes outfielder Reggie Abercrombie has been the named the Pointstreak Player of the Week for the week ending August 23.
Abercrombie, 35, batted .484 (15-for-31) last week with two home runs, eight RBI and five runs scored in seven games, as the Goldeyes went 4-3 in their first seven games of their current 10-game Can-Am League road trip. He had a hit in six of the seven games and five multi-hit games.
On the season, Abercrombie is batting .314 with five home runs and 26 RBI in 34 games since being re-acquired from the Sussex County Miners last month.
Abercrombie is the first Goldeyes player to be awarded Pointstreak Player of the week honours this season. Pitcher Nick Hernandez has been selected as the Pointstreak Pitcher of the Week three times.
The Goldeyes begin the final leg of their Can-Am League road trip tonight with the first of three-games against the Quebec Capitales. The game can be heard on Jewel 100.5 or streamed online at Canamleague.tv. Game time is 6:00 p.m.
The Goldeyes return home from this 10-game road trip on Thursday and will open a four-game series at Shaw Park, beginning on Friday night at 7:05 against the Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks. Tickets for all Goldeyes home games in 2015 are available through Ticketmaster by clicking on Goldeyes.com, calling 1-855-GOLDEYE or visiting any Ticketmaster location, including the Shaw Park box office.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from August 24, 2015
- 'Hawks Win Battle with the Birds 11-5 - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- A Night of Firsts as Saints Lose Third Straight 5-4 - St. Paul Saints
- Goldeyes Post Comeback Win in Quebec - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Wingnuts Add Former MLB Hurler to Staff, Bring Back Oldham - Wichita Wingnuts
- RailCats Add Outfield Help in Hibbert - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Abercrombie Named Player of the Week - AA
- Blackwell Earns Pitcher of the Week Award - AA
- Zombie Night to Invade Shaw Park - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Blackwell Named American Association's Pointstreak Pitcher of the Week - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Abercrombie's Hot Week Lands Him Player of the Week - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- ThunderHeads Back Home - Amarillo ThunderHeads
- Canaries Hand Saints First Series Loss at CHS Field in 10-3 Win on Sunday Night - Sioux Falls Canaries
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.