2022 Calder Cup Playoffs Format Set
CONDORSTOWN, Calif. - The American Hockey League announced today the format for the 2022 Calder Cup Playoffs with seven of the 9 teams in the Pacific Division competing in the postseason. The Condors have won the Pacific Division title in two of the past three seasons.
In the Pacific Division, the top regular season team will receive a Round One bye with the playoff format listed below.
ROUND ONE (top seed receives bye)
#2 Seed v #7 Seed
#3 Seed v #6 Seed
#4 Seed v #5 Seed
#1 Seed v Lowest remaining seed
Second highest seed v Third highest seed
Semi-final winner 1 v Semi-final winner 2
Pacific Division Winner v Central Division Winner
Atlantic Division Winner v North Division Winner
CALDER CUP FINALS
Western Conference Finals Winner v Eastern Conference Finals winner
The Condors open the 2021-22 season on Saturday, Oct. 16 against the Abbotsford Canucks on Dignity Health Mercy and Memorial Hospitals Home Ice at Mechanics Bank Arena.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from August 5, 2021
- San Diego Gulls Sign Alex Limoges and Greg Printz to One-Year Contracts - San Diego Gulls
- American Hockey League Announces Expanded Postseason Format - Chicago Wolves
- 2022 Calder Cup Playoffs Format Set - Bakersfield Condors
- AHL Announces 2022 Calder Cup Playoffs Format - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Format Approved for AHL's 2022 Calder Cup Playoffs - AHL
- Florida Panthers Re-Sign Defenseman Chase Priskie to a One-Year, Two-Way Contract - Charlotte Checkers
- Griffins Partner with Paciolan - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Kevin Dineen Named New Head Coach of Utica Comets - Utica Comets
- Scott Allen Named Head Coach of Hershey Bears, Steve Bergin Hired as Assistant Coach - Hershey Bears
- Moose Announce Goaltending Coach Changes - Manitoba Moose
- Houser Agrees to One-Year AHL Deal - Rochester Americans
- Limited Foursomes Available for August 26 Griffins Youth Foundation Golf Classic at American Dunes - Grand Rapids Griffins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.