2021 Atlantic League Schedule Announced
(Central Islip, N.Y.) - The Long Island Ducks, in conjunction with the Atlantic League of Professional Baseball, today announced the dates and starting times for the 2021 regular season.
"We look forward to taking the field in front of fans in 2021," said Ducks President/GM Michael Pfaff. "We continue to work with governmental and health officials to open up the ballpark to as many fans as possible this season."
The Ducks have submitted a COVID-19 Ballpark Readiness Plan to County and State governmental and health officials to welcome fans back to Fairfield Properties Ballpark in 2021. To view the plan, please CLICK HERE.
The regular season and home opener for the Ducks will take place at Fairfield Properties Ballpark on Friday, May 28, at 6:35 p.m. The Ducks will take the field against the Lexington (Ky.) Legends, formerly of the Class-A South Atlantic League and one of three new clubs joining the Atlantic League this year. Additional new teams include the West Virginia Power, previously of the South Atlantic League, and the Gastonia (N.C.) Honey Hunters, who will play their inaugural season in 2021. Prior to the May 28 game, the Ducks will host a championship banner raising ceremony in recognition of the team's 2019 Atlantic League title.
With the addition of Gastonia, Lexington and West Virginia, the Atlantic League has announced its divisions will be reconfigured into a new North and South alignment. The North Division will feature the Ducks, Lancaster Barnstormers, Southern Maryland Blue Crabs and York Revolution, while the South Division will include the Honey Hunters, Legends, Power and High Point Rockers. Teams will play 74 games against teams within their own division and 46 games against clubs in the opposing division, in an effort to ease travel burdens for all clubs.
The schedule will be divided into two halves. The first half of the season will conclude following the Tuesday, August 3, contest at Southern Maryland, while the second half will wrap up on Sunday, October 10, at home against the Revolution.
All Monday through Saturday games at Bethpage Ballpark will begin at 6:35 p.m., unless otherwise noted, while start times for Sunday contests will be 1:35 p.m. in May, June, September and October, and 5:05 p.m. in July and August. The Ducks will play three holiday contests with special game times, including a 1:35 p.m. start on Memorial Day (May 31) and Labor Day (September 6) and a 6:35 p.m. first pitch on Independence Day (July 4).
Season ticket holders will be contacted by the Long Island Ducks ticket office regarding their accounts. Those interested in information on season ticket packages, mini plans or individual tickets are encouraged to call the Fairfield Properties Ballpark box office at (631) 940-3825 or email email@example.com.
The Long Island Ducks are members of the Atlantic League of Professional Baseball, a Professional Partner League of Major League Baseball, and play their home games at Fairfield Properties Ballpark. For further information, visit LIDucks.com or call (631) 940-DUCK (3825).
• Discuss this story on the Atlantic League message board...
Atlantic League Stories from February 24, 2021
- High Point Rockers Announce 2021 Schedule - High Point Rockers
- Atlantic League Announces 2021 Championship Season Schedule - York Revolution
- Atlantic League Announces 2021 Championship Season Schedule - Southern Maryland Blue Crabs
- 2021 Atlantic League Schedule Announced - Long Island Ducks
- Atlantic League Announces 2021 Championship Season Schedule - Gastonia Honey Hunters
- Atlantic League Announces 2021 Championship Season Schedule - AtL
- Power announces new league, ownership for 2021 - West Virginia Power
- Atlantic League Welcomes West Virginia Power - AtL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Long Island Ducks Stories
- MLB Veteran and 2019 ALPB Champion Vin Mazzaro Returns
- Steve Bellone Calls on State to Amend Guidelines for Ducks Ballpark
- Ducks Re-Sign Righty Reliever Jose Cuas
- 2019 Atlantic League Champion and All-Star L.J. Mazzilli Returns
- Ducks Sign Three-Year MLB Veteran and Team Israel Star Ty Kelly