Atlantic League Announces 2021 Championship Season Schedule
New York - The Atlantic League of Professional Baseball (ALPB) today announced its Championship Season Schedule for 2021. The league's 23rd season of play will feature eight member clubs, highlighted by the inaugural season of the expansion Gastonia Honey Hunters, as well as the newly announced additions of the Lexington Legends and West Virginia Power.
Gastonia will be spotlighted in the first game of the 2021 season when the Honey Hunters open their series against the visiting Lancaster Barnstormers on Thursday, May 27 in the North Carolina community's new FUSE ballpark. The remainder of the league's clubs will be in action Friday, May 28, with Lexington visiting the Long Island Ducks, the High Point Rockers traveling to the York Revolution, and the Southern Maryland Blue Crabs going to West Virginia, where the Power will host their first ALPB game.
The 2021 season will feature a 120-game regular season schedule, with each team hosting 60 matchups. The league's traditional 140-game season was trimmed due to concerns regarding the COVID-19 pandemic.
The coming season will also mark the debut of the Atlantic League's reconfigured divisions, which now reflect a North-South alignment. The league's North Division features the Lancaster (PA) Barnstormers, Long Island (NY) Ducks, Southern Maryland (Waldorf) Blue Crabs, and York (PA) Revolution. The South Division includes the West Virginia (Charleston) Power, Lexington (KY) Legends, High Point (NC) Rockers, and Gastonia (NC) Honey Hunters.
"Any new season is an exciting time for our league," said Atlantic League President Rick White. "But coming back after an 18-month hiatus and doing so with three great new communities may be the most exciting start of an Atlantic League Championship Season since our very first. We are thrilled to welcome the cities of Gastonia, Lexington, and Charleston."
For the complete 2021 Atlantic League Championship Season, go to www.AtlanticLeague.com/schedule.
• Discuss this story on the Atlantic League message board...
Atlantic League Stories from February 24, 2021
- High Point Rockers Announce 2021 Schedule - High Point Rockers
- Atlantic League Announces 2021 Championship Season Schedule - York Revolution
- Atlantic League Announces 2021 Championship Season Schedule - Southern Maryland Blue Crabs
- 2021 Atlantic League Schedule Announced - Long Island Ducks
- Atlantic League Announces 2021 Championship Season Schedule - Gastonia Honey Hunters
- Atlantic League Announces 2021 Championship Season Schedule - AtL
- Power announces new league, ownership for 2021 - West Virginia Power
- Atlantic League Welcomes West Virginia Power - AtL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Gastonia Honey Hunters Stories
- City of Gastonia and the Gastonia Honey Hunters Officially Open Fuse Ballpark
- Gastonia Honey Hunters Unveils New Uniforms as They Gear up for Opening Day
- Atlantic League Announces 2021 Championship Season Schedule
- Gastonia Honey Hunters Announces Coaching Staff
- Gastonia Honey Hunters Announces Team Manager