Austin Spurs Win Matinee Thriller over Iowa Wolves 114-112
AUSTIN, Texas (Feb. 8, 2018) - The Austin Spurs (23-13), presented by SWBC, defeated the Iowa Wolves in a matinee thriller by a final score of 114-112 at the H-E-B Center at Cedar Park on Thursday afternoon. Austin played in front of a sold out crowd of over 6,600 students for their annual College and Career Readiness Game.
Player of the Game, Jaron Blossomgame paced the Spurs with 23 points (11-14 FG, 1-2 3FG, 3-4 FT), 6 rebounds and 3 assists in 33 minutes. Livio Jean-Charles chipped in with 23 points and 5 rebounds. Nick Johnson secured his first double-double of the season with 20 points and 10 assists.
The game started off close with three ties and eight lead changes in the first quarter. Austin went on a 15-8 run in the second quarter and took a halftime lead of 64-54. The Spurs extended their lead by beginning the third quarter on a 13-6 run. The Wolves went on a 28-10 run in the fourth quarter tying Austin with 32.9 seconds remaining. A three pointer by Johnson with 19 seconds left gave Austin the lead and the Spurs were able to hold on to win the game 114-112.
For the Wolves (18-15), Amile Jefferson led the team with 23 points and 17 rebounds in 37 minutes, while Anthony Brown contributed with 18 points and 2 rebounds in 27 minutes.
Next up Austin plays back-to-back games, on Saturday, Feb. 10 when they head to Rio Grande Valley to take on the Vipers at 7:00 p.m. (CST) and on Sunday, Feb. 11 when they come back home for their Black History Game to face the Iowa Wolves at 3:00 p.m (CST). For tickets, broadcasts or the full season schedule, visit www.austinspurs.com.
NBA G League Stories from February 8, 2018
- Warriors Forward Terrence Jones Selected For USA Basketball Training Camp - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Taylor Braun Selected to Attend February USA Men's World Cup Qualifying Team Training Camp - Salt Lake City Stars
- Hustle Waive Trahson Burrell - Memphis Hustle
- Underdog Gets the Win as Delaware 87ers Top the Westchester Knicks by One-Point Margin - Westchester Knicks
- Legends Guard Kyle Collinsworth Signs with Mavericks - Texas Legends
- Stockton and Harrison Selected for USA Basketball Training Camp - Reno Bighorns
- Legends Struggle in Salt Lake City - Texas Legends
- Wolves' Rally Falls Short in Austin - Iowa Wolves
- Austin Spurs Win Matinee Thriller over Iowa Wolves 114-112 - Austin Spurs
- Drew II, Gee Selected to USA Basketball Training Camp Roster - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Rodney Purvis Named to Team USA - Lakeland Magic
- NBA G League USA Roster Unveiled for 2018 NBA G League International Challenge - G League
- Detroit Pistons Recall Brice Johnson from Grand Rapids Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- McKinney Jones Invited to USA Basketball World Cup Qualifying Team Training Camp - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Travis Wear Chosen to Attend February USA Men's World Cup Qualifying Team Training Camp - South Bay Lakers
- Perrigo Partners with Grand Rapids Drive for Third Annual Jersey Takeover Game - Grand Rapids Drive
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.