Revs Sign Forward Chad Barrett, Defender Bilal DuckettFebruary 11, 2013 - Major League Soccer (MLS) - New England Revolution Press Release
Barrett, whom the Revs drafted in Stage 2 of the 2012 MLS Re-Entry Draft, will officially be added to the team's roster upon receipt of his International Transfer Certificate. Duckett joins the team on a free transfer from the Harrisburg City Islanders, where he spent the 2012 season.
"We're pleased to reach agreements with Chad and Bilal," Revolution General Manager Michael Burns said. "Having faced Chad many times, we're very aware of the type of competitor he is and the determination he brings to the field, and we're looking for him to bring that to the field for the Revs now. With Bilal, we're bringing in a tall, physical defender who gives us depth and versatility along the backline. Having him in camp last fall and this preseason has helped his assimilation into our system."
Barrett, 27, has seven seasons of MLS experience after entering MLS in 2005. He has scored 42 goals and added 27 assists in 192 career appearances with Chicago (2005-08), Toronto (2008-2010) and LA (2011-12). Most recently, he was on loan from the Galaxy to Valerenga of Norway's Tippeligaen, where he made five appearances and recorded one assist through the end of their 2012 season.
The Chicago Fire drafted Barrett as a Generation adidas player with the third overall pick in the 2005 MLS SuperDraft after he played two seasons at UCLA. He is a former member of the U.S. Under-20 team, and earned a call-up to the full U.S. National Team on June 22, 2008, against Barbados in a FIFA World Cup Qualifier.
Duckett, 24, spent the 2012 season with the Harrisburg City Islanders of USL PRO. He made 19 appearances as a defender as the team advanced to the USL PRO playoffs. Prior to signing with Harrisburg, Duckett played one season with Vancouver Whitecaps FC after the Whitecaps drafted him in the third round (37th overall) of the 2011 MLS SuperDraft. He made four appearances, including two starts, as a rookie with Vancouver.
Duckett played collegiately at Notre Dame, where he started 40 of the team's 42 matches in his junior and senior years.
Major League Soccer Stories from February 11, 2013
- Chivas USA Set to Face L.A. Blues in Fifth Preseason Match - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Earthquakes Weekly Update - San Jose Earthquakes
- Sounders FC News & Notes - Seattle Sounders FC
- #RapidsJersey Unveiling to Take Place February 26 - Colorado Rapids
- Bright Dike Undergoes Successful Knee Surgery - Portland Timbers
- Weekly Update - New England Revolution
- D.C. United Academy Update - D.C. United
- D.C. United Announces Promotional Schedule for 2013 Season - D.C. United
- San Jose Earthquakes, Visa to Celebrate 2012 Supporters' Shield Title on Opening Night - San Jose Earthquakes
- Chicago Fire Conclude Preseason with Carolina Challenge Cup - Chicago Fire
- Real Salt Lake Weekly Update - Real Salt Lake
- Revs Sign Forward Chad Barrett, Defender Bilal Duckett - New England Revolution
- Sounders FC Announces Preseason Friendly - Seattle Sounders FC
- Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefer Band to Visit FC Dallas Stadium on May 4 - FC Dallas
- Red Bulls Acquire Midfielder Eric Alexander - New York Red Bulls
- Timbers Acquire Allocation Money from New York in Exchange for Midfielder Eric Alexander - Portland Timbers
- Major League Soccer Unveils "Jersey Week" - MLS
- Revs Youth Players Make College - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Red Bulls Name Rafael GonzÃ¡lez Goalkeeper Coach - New York Red Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.