Red Bulls Acquire Midfielder Eric AlexanderFebruary 11, 2013 - Major League Soccer (MLS) New York Red Bulls
"Eric is a young midfielder who has earned a large amount of experience during his three years in Major League Soccer," said Red Bulls Sporting Director Andy Roxburgh. "He can play a number of roles for us and we are pleased that he has joined the Red Bulls."
Alexander just finished his second full season with the Timbers, making 24 appearances and recording a team and career high six assists. The 24-year-old joined Portland from FC Dallas in a midseason trade for defender Jeremy Hall on Aug. 19, 2011. That year, Alexander played in a career-high 28 games.
In his rookie campaign in 2010, Alexander was part of the FC Dallas squad that made it to the MLS Cup Final. That season, Alexander featured in 17 games, scoring two goals and three assists. Alexander's efforts were noticed and he was called-up to the U.S. Men's National Team in January 2011. He earned his first international cap against Chile on Jan. 22, 2011.
Alexander was drafted in the third round (44th overall) in the 2010 MLS SuperDraft out of the University of Indiana.
Major League Soccer Stories from February 11, 2013
- Chivas USA Set to Face L.A. Blues in Fifth Preseason Match - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Earthquakes Weekly Update - San Jose Earthquakes
- Sounders FC News & Notes - Seattle Sounders FC
- #RapidsJersey Unveiling to Take Place February 26 - Colorado Rapids
- Bright Dike Undergoes Successful Knee Surgery - Portland Timbers
- Weekly Update - New England Revolution
- D.C. United Academy Update - D.C. United
- D.C. United Announces Promotional Schedule for 2013 Season - D.C. United
- San Jose Earthquakes, Visa to Celebrate 2012 Supporters' Shield Title on Opening Night - San Jose Earthquakes
- Chicago Fire Conclude Preseason with Carolina Challenge Cup - Chicago Fire
- Real Salt Lake Weekly Update - Real Salt Lake
- Revs Sign Forward Chad Barrett, Defender Bilal Duckett - New England Revolution
- Sounders FC Announces Preseason Friendly - Seattle Sounders FC
- Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefer Band to Visit FC Dallas Stadium on May 4 - FC Dallas
- Red Bulls Acquire Midfielder Eric Alexander - New York Red Bulls
- Timbers Acquire Allocation Money from New York in Exchange for Midfielder Eric Alexander - Portland Timbers
- Major League Soccer Unveils "Jersey Week" - MLS
- Revs Youth Players Make College - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Red Bulls Name Rafael GonzÃ¡lez Goalkeeper Coach - New York Red Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.