Lafranchise Heads Back to AHL, Joins Houston AerosFebruary 5, 2013 - ECHL (ECHL) - Alaska Aces
Lafranchise, 24, had just returned to the Aces from a month-long AHL stint with Oklahoma City. He joined the Aces on Friday in Las Vegas and had two assists in two games for Alaska. In early January Lafranchise received his first ever AHL call-up and played in nine games for the Barons. Prior to his loan to OKC, the third year blue liner had spent his entire pro career with the Aces, spanning 131 combined regular season and postseason games. The Edmonton, Alberta native spent a month with the primary affiliate of the Edmonton Oilers after being loaned on January 2. Lafranchise has 21 points (4g, 17a) in 30 ECHL games this season. At the time of his first call-up, he was tied for sixth among ECHL defensemen in scoring and tied for fifth in both assists by defensemen and power play points by defensemen. Despite missing 16 Aces games this season, he remains Alaska's leading defenseman scorer, and is currently tied for 14th among ECHL defensemen.
Prior to turning pro, Lafranchise played three seasons for the University of Alaska - Anchorage from 2007-2010. In his Seawolves career, the blue liner posted 33 points (9g, 24a) in 97 career games. Last season Lafranchise was also recognized by The Hockey News as the winner of the worldwide hockey "Name of the Year" tournament for 2012.
The Aces return home to host the Stockton Thunder for three straight games this Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Tickets are on sale now at the Aces office, Sullivan Arena box office, Fred Meyer Locations and online at www.ticketmaster.com. All Aces games can be heard on NewsTalk 103.7FM and 750AM KFQD. For more information, please contact the Aces office at 907.258.ACES, or visit them on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/alaskaaceshockey. The Aces would like to wish all of their fans and corporate partners a very safe and happy new year.
ECHL Stories from February 5, 2013
- Titans Stay Busy with Roster Moves - Trenton Titans
- Royals Loan Forward Kirk MacDonald to Houston - Reading Royals
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder At Bakersfield Condors - Stockton Thunder
- Reign Claim Defenseman Tommy Fitzpatrick - Ontario Reign
- Nailers and Kalamazoo Reschedule Game - Wheeling Nailers
- Clarkson Dealt to Trenton - Toledo Walleye
- Kalamazoo to Host Evansville on Wednesday - Kalamazoo Wings
- ECHL Transactions - February 5 - ECHL
- K-Wings and Nailers Rescheduled for March 24th - Kalamazoo Wings
- Road Warriors Welcome New Naming Rights Partner - Greenville Road Warriors
- Condors vs. Stockton - Twitter Tuesday Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- Lee Returns to Gwinnett from AHL Portland - Gwinnett Gladiators
- The Weekly Warrior - Greenville Road Warriors
- Utah's Vock Named Sher-Wood Hockey ECHL Player of the Week - ECHL
- Colin Vock Named ECHL Player of the Week - Utah Grizzlies
- Kyle Bushee Returns to Jackals - Elmira Jackals
- Simpson Named ECHL Goaltender of the Week - Toledo Walleye
- Toledo's Simpson Named Reebok Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Week - ECHL
- ECHL Today - February 5 - ECHL
- Lafranchise Heads Back to AHL, Joins Houston Aeros - Alaska Aces
- Wranglers Ground Eagles, Win 4-2 - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Eagles' Late-Night Comeback Too Little, Too Late in Las Vegas - Colorado Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.