Grizzlies Home Saturday, Sunday; Complete Road Trip in IdahoFebruary 4, 2013 - ECHL (ECHL) - Utah Grizzlies Press Release
The Grizzlies complete their seven-game road trip with a Wednesday, Friday set in Idaho and then open a seven-game home stand with Idaho Saturday and Sunday at Maverik Center.
Utah's 3-1-0-1 road trip through seven games, makes them the second best team in the Western Conference over the last 11 days.
Las Vegas: 3-2-1-0
San Francisco: 2-2-0-1
Colin Vock had back-to-back hat tricks Friday and Saturday in Ontario. He now has three hat tricks on the season and is tied with Ryan Kinasewich (2009-2010) for the most hat tricks in a season since Utah joined the ECHL in 2005. Utah is 7-1-1-1 when Vock scores a goal.
Six Points Too
Mitch Wahl had four assists Friday and two assists Saturday for six points on the week; which also put him near the top of the league in scoring and tied him with Colin Vock with 3 points-per-game this past weekend.
The Weekly Tally
Wahl has now scored in 24 of the last 27 games, leads Utah with 14 goals and 38 assists for 52 points in 37 games; which also ranks second in the ECHL. He has 16 multiple-point games and leads the ECHL with 27 power-play points.
Power-Play Now Third
Utah's 3-7 this weekend moved them to third in the ECHL on the power-play at 22.1-percent. Utah is 8-24 on the power-play for 33-percent on their current road trip.
Utah has scored four goals or more in three of the five games on this trip and allowed three or less in four of five.
"Steeling" From Idaho
Utah is currently 4-2 versus the Steelheads this year, with four games in five nights forthcoming against their closest regional rival this week. Utah has not played in Idaho since November 2, but will play five road games there over the next month.
Utah returns home to start a seven-game home stand Saturday at 7 and Sunday at 4. Visit utahgrizzlies.com for more information. Saturday is "Pooch on the Pond" a human and a dog will be admitted for $20 total.
ECHL Stories from February 4, 2013
- Reign to Host Go Green/Teacher Appreciation Night - Ontario Reign
- Reign Release Two Players - Ontario Reign
- $1 Admission with Donation of Books on Tuesday - Bakersfield Condors
- Thunder Weekly - Stockton Thunder
- Grizzlies Home Saturday, Sunday; Complete Road Trip in Idaho - Utah Grizzlies
- Radio Recon Promises Not to Bring up Lake Placid Circa 1980 - Reading Royals
- Mike Liambas Earns First Trip to AHL - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - February 4 - ECHL
- Condors Weekly: Injury-Riddled Condors Ready for Five-Game Week - Bakersfield Condors
- Reign Point Leader Named ECHL Player of the Month - Ontario Reign
- Ontario's Yellow Horn Named Reebok Hockey ECHL Player of the Month - ECHL
- Reiter Named ECHL Goaltender of the Month - Fort Wayne Komets
- Lagace Gets a Call-Up to Rochester; Condors Sign Morley - Bakersfield Condors
- Fort Wayne's Reiter Named Warrior Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Month - ECHL
- Jr. K-Wings to Cease Operations After this Season - Kalamazoo Wings
- K-Wings Weekly - Kalamazoo Wings
- Buy One-Get One on Twitter Tuesday; Cirque Du Condorstown Friday - Bakersfield Condors
- Walleye inch closer to top spot in division - ECHL
- Nathan Lieuwen Recalled to Rochester - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Elmira Jackals Weekly - Elmira Jackals
- Idaho's Fyten Named Reebok Hockey ECHL Rookie of the Month - ECHL
- Fyten Named ECHL Rookie of the Month - Idaho Steelheads
- Veteran D-Man Milam Returns to Komets - Fort Wayne Komets
- Colorado Eagles Weekly Update - Colorado Eagles
- Gladiators Weekly Update - Atlanta Gladiators
- Toledo Walleye Weekly - Toledo Walleye
- Komets Snag Four Points for Week 17 - Fort Wayne Komets
- Cyclones Weekly - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Stingrays Weekly: Nerd-Con and Hollywood Come to the Coliseum this Weekend - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Today - February 4 - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.