Reign Point Leader Named ECHL Player of the Month
ONTARIO, Calif. - The Ontario Reign, defending Pacific Division Champions and proud affiliate of the NHL's 2012 Stanley Cup Champion Los Angeles Kings, announced that Colton Yellow Horn has been named the Reebok Hockey ECHL Player of the Month for January.
In 15 January games Yellow Horn registered 20 points (15g, 5a) and a +8.
On January 4, the 25-year-old winger earned four points (3g, 1a) against the Utah Grizzlies. His second hat trick of the month, third of the season, came on January 15 in Bakersfield in a 5-3 win over the Condors. He recorded three or more points in two other games with two goals and an assist on January 12 at Alaska, and again on January 26 in Colorado. The Lethbridge, Alberta native scored three game-winning goals for the Reign who completed the month with an 11-4-0 record. He played an integral role on Reign's power-play unit scoring five power-play goals in January.
Through the month, Yellow Horn was named the first or second star of the game seven times.
Yellow Horn currently leads the league with 36 goals, 56 points, and 10 game-winning goals in 47 games. He is tied for first in the league with eight first goals and second in the league with 11 power-play goals.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 4, 2013
- Reign to Host Go Green/Teacher Appreciation Night - Ontario Reign
- Reign Release Two Players - Ontario Reign
- $1 Admission with Donation of Books on Tuesday - Bakersfield Condors
- Thunder Weekly - Stockton Thunder
- Grizzlies Home Saturday, Sunday; Complete Road Trip in Idaho - Utah Grizzlies
- Radio Recon Promises Not to Bring up Lake Placid Circa 1980 - Reading Royals
- Mike Liambas Earns First Trip to AHL - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - February 4 - ECHL
- Condors Weekly: Injury-Riddled Condors Ready for Five-Game Week - Bakersfield Condors
- Reign Point Leader Named ECHL Player of the Month - Ontario Reign
- Ontario's Yellow Horn Named Reebok Hockey ECHL Player of the Month - ECHL
- Reiter Named ECHL Goaltender of the Month - Fort Wayne Komets
- Lagace Gets a Call-Up to Rochester; Condors Sign Morley - Bakersfield Condors
- Fort Wayne's Reiter Named Warrior Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Month - ECHL
- Jr. K-Wings to Cease Operations After this Season - Kalamazoo Wings
- K-Wings Weekly - Kalamazoo Wings
- Buy One-Get One on Twitter Tuesday; Cirque Du Condorstown Friday - Bakersfield Condors
- Walleye inch closer to top spot in division - ECHL
- Nathan Lieuwen Recalled to Rochester - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Elmira Jackals Weekly - Elmira Jackals
- Idaho's Fyten Named Reebok Hockey ECHL Rookie of the Month - ECHL
- Fyten Named ECHL Rookie of the Month - Idaho Steelheads
- Veteran D-Man Milam Returns to Komets - Fort Wayne Komets
- Colorado Eagles Weekly Update - Colorado Eagles
- Gladiators Weekly Update - Atlanta Gladiators
- Toledo Walleye Weekly - Toledo Walleye
- Komets Snag Four Points for Week 17 - Fort Wayne Komets
- Cyclones Weekly - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Stingrays Weekly: Nerd-Con and Hollywood Come to the Coliseum this Weekend - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Today - February 4 - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Ontario Reign Stories
- Ontario Exits Calder Cup Playoffs in 1-0, Game Four Loss to Texas
- Reign Fall in Double-Overtime in Game Three vs Stars
- Reign Post Five Goals, Even Series with Stars
- Reign Tie Game Late in Third But Fall 4-3 to Texas in Game One
- Kings Assign Amadio, Brodzinski, Fantenberg and LaDue to Reign