Tying Goal Waived Off, Condors Fall 2-1 in ColoradoDecember 21, 2012 - ECHL (ECHL) - Bakersfield Condors Press Release
After the Condors registered the first three shots of the game, the Eagles scored on their first effort of the night when F Dylan Hood deflected a F Joey Sides shot off his skate at 2:37 to give Colorado a 1-0 lead. It turned out to be the lone goal of the period for either side as the Condors were outshot, 11-6.
The teams traded goals in the second period with Colorado doubling their lead, 2-0, at 5:13 on the power play when F Teegan Moore banged home an errant shot off the back wall on the power play. Bakersfield responded with a power-play goal of their own as F Evan Trupp collected a cross-circle feed from C Levi Nelson and roofed a wrist-shot under the crossbar at 9:25 to make it 2-1 after two periods of play. Shots favored the Eagles, 17-5.
Bakersfield had an apparent third period tying goal from F David Toews, five minutes into the frame, but the goal was waived off. The Condors had a chance on the power play late in the period including pulling G Scott Greenham for the extra attacker, but it did not land an equalizer and they fell 2-1. Shots were 9-7 for Colorado in the period.
ECHL Stories from December 21, 2012
- Titans Continue to Roll; Drop Evansville, 6-3, to Sweep Season Series - Trenton Titans
- Grizzlies Head to Holiday Break After Taking Point Versus Las Vegas - Utah Grizzlies
- Wranglers Claw 4-3 Shootout Win from Grizzlies - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Eagles Edge Condors for Second Game in a Row - Colorado Eagles
- Tying Goal Waived Off, Condors Fall 2-1 in Colorado - Bakersfield Condors
- Nailers Win Fifth Straight 5-1 - Wheeling Nailers
- Roy Scores Twice as 'Blades Defeat Orlando 6-2 - Florida Everblades
- Cyclones Prevail in Wild Affair, 6-5 over Stingrays - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Third Period Sinks Solar Bears in 6-2 Loss - Orlando Solar Bears
- Late Surge Pushes Komets Past K-Wings - Kalamazoo Wings
- Cyclones Slip by Stingrays in High-Scoring Affair - South Carolina Stingrays
- Greenville Finishes Strong against Walleye in Victory - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Glads Fall 4-2 in Reading - Atlanta Gladiators
- SF Bulls Host "It's End of the World as We Know It" Game Tonight - San Francisco Bulls
- Jackals Downed by Nailers - Elmira Jackals
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder At Alaska Aces - Stockton Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - December 21 - ECHL
- Countdown to Face-Off: Kalamazoo Wings vs Fort Wayne Komets - Kalamazoo Wings
- Defenseman Brett Flemming Returned to Reading - Reading Royals
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati vs. South Carolina - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Florida Everblades Tonight - December 21 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Komets Acquire Defenseman Tim Priamo - Fort Wayne Komets
- Elmira Jackals Game Preview - Elmira Jackals
- Trenton Titans GameDay at Evansville - December 21 - Trenton Titans
- Debut Episode of ECHL Week Now Available - ECHL
- Stingrays Game Preview: Stingrays Open Road Trip Tonight vs. Cincinnati - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Today - December 21 - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.