Stars Erase Early Deficit, Win 5-4 in RockfordNovember 27, 2012 - American Hockey League (AHL) - Texas Stars
Rockford came out rearing and ready to go as the Stars got off to a nightmarish start. The IceHogs opened the scoring at 1:51 into the first period as Jimmy Hayes knocked in his own rebound. Marcus Kruger continued to onslaught with a power play goal at 3:32 and then 65 seconds later Hayes scored again to give Rockford a 3-0 lead. Texas would not be deterred from a horrific first five minutes and rallied halfway through the frame. Antoine Roussel jammed home a power play goal at 10:36 to get the Stars on the board with his fourth goal of the season. Then at 14:59 rookie Alex Chiasson tipped in a shot from Jordie Benn to cut the lead to 3-2.
The Stars completed the comeback at 6:03 of the second period when Benn unleashed a howitzer from the blue line, blazing in a power play goal from the left point. Texas tallied their fourth-straight goal at 14:57 as rookie left wing Reilly Smith faked out a defenseman and backhanded the puck by Rockford goalie Alec Richards to record his first career professional goal. The IceHogs responded with their second power play goal of the night at 17:13 as Andrew Shaw redirected an Adam Clendening shot to tie the game at four.
Rockford poured on the pressure in the third period, trying to salvage the lead they had lost. The IceHogs out-shot the Stars 12-3 in the final frame, but rookie goalie Jack Campbell had an answer for everything sent his way. A mere 33 seconds after Brandon Pirri was whistled for holding, Texas cashed in with their third power play goal in as many chances. Colton Sceviour scored his fourth of the year at 9:02, assisted by Travis Morin, to put the Stars back ahead 5-4. Matt Fraser was assessed a four-minute double minor penalty for high sticking at with six minutes remaining, however, the Stars penalty killers came up big, locking down the net to preserve the victory.
Jack Campbell stopped 33-of-37 shots to record his fourth win of the season in his first start since November 10th vs. Lake Erie. Alec Richards took the loss in goal for Rockford and had 14 saves on 19 shots. The IceHogs out-shot the Stars 37-19 and went 2-for-7 on the power play; Texas finished a perfect 3-for-3 with the man-advantage. Colton Sceviour recorded his second game-winning goal in as many games and the Stars set a new season-high with three power play goals in the game.
The Texas Stars continue their six-game road trip on Friday, November 30th as they travel to Michigan for a 6:00 p.m. CST faceoff with the Grand Rapids Griffins at Van Andel Arena. The Stars next home game is scheduled for Friday, December 7th as they host the Houston Aeros for a 7:30 p.m. faceoff. Come to Cedar Park Center for the beginning of Sing For Santa weekend and for Jack Campbell Mini Bobblehead giveaway night presented by Time Warner Cable. Pro-rated full and partial 2012-13 season seat packages are on sale now. For more information on Texas Stars season tickets call (512) GO-STARS (467-8277) or visit www.TexasStarsHockey.com.
American Hockey League Stories from November 27, 2012
- Hogs Squander Early Lead, Fall 5-4 - Rockford IceHogs
- Stars Erase Early Deficit, Win 5-4 in Rockford - Texas Stars
- High Five the Hogs this Holiday - Rockford IceHogs
- Rampage Recall from Loan Jonathan Hazen and David Pacan - San Antonio Rampage
- Amerks Continue Homestand with Another Busy Three-Game Week - Rochester Americans
- AHL Weekly - AHL
- Dallas Returns Hubert Labrie To Idaho Stars - Texas Stars
- Barons Recall Dan Ringwald from Stockton; Loan Teigan Zahn to Stockton - Oklahoma City Barons
- Albany Devils Weekly - Albany Devils
- Rockford Looks to Keep Rolling Tonight - Rockford IceHogs
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Milwaukee Admirals Weekly Update - Milwaukee Admirals
- Penguins and Tobyhanna Army Depot Join Forces for 14th - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Griffins to Skate Wednesday at Rosa Parks Circle to Kick Off "Wednesday is Hockey Night" - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Cannata Heads to Chicago - Chicago Wolves
- IceCaps Release Whitmore from PTO - St. John's IceCaps
- B-Sens Team with Magic 101.7 for 2012 Teddy Bear Toss - Binghamton Senators
- Admirals Recall Guentzel from ECHL Fort Wayne; Three Others Head to Komets From Norfolk - Norfolk Admirals
- Giant Center to Host Penn State Men's Hockey on February 1 - Hershey Bears
- Stars Weekly (Week 8) - Stars Complete Home Stand, Grab Three Points In Week 7 - Texas Stars
- NTV Teddy Toss Slated for December 7 - St. John's IceCaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.