Cannata Heads to Chicago
The Vancouver Canucks have reassigned goaltender JOE CANNATA from the ECHL's Kalamazoo Wings to the Chicago Wolves.
CANNATA has posted a 2-3-0 record with a 3.62 goals-against average and .892 save percentage in five games with Kalamazoo this season.
The 22-year-old netminder appeared in one game with the Wolves last season after being signed to an Amateur Tryout Contract (ATO). He backstopped the team to a 4-2 win over Peoria on April 15, 2012.
The Wakefield, Mass., native completed his senior campaign at Merrimack College (Hockey East) last year, posting a 17-12-7 record, and career-bests 2.18 goals-against average and .925 save percentage in 36 contests. His 2.18 goals-against average ranked 14th in the NCAA, while his .925 save percentage held 11th nationally.
Overall, CANNATA notched a 59-46-16 mark, 2.47 goals-against average and .915 save percentage in 122 career games with Merrimack College spanning four seasons (2008-12). His 59 victories set the school record for most career wins by a goaltender.
The Wolves host their Illinois Lottery Cup rival, the Rockford IceHogs, at 7 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 28. For more information or to purchase tickets to the game, call 1-800-THE-WOLVES or visit chicagowolves.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 27, 2012
- Hogs Squander Early Lead, Fall 5-4 - Rockford IceHogs
- Stars Erase Early Deficit, Win 5-4 in Rockford - Texas Stars
- High Five the Hogs this Holiday - Rockford IceHogs
- Rampage Recall from Loan Jonathan Hazen and David Pacan - San Antonio Rampage
- Amerks Continue Homestand with Another Busy Three-Game Week - Rochester Americans
- AHL Weekly - AHL
- Dallas Returns Hubert Labrie To Idaho Stars - Texas Stars
- Barons Recall Dan Ringwald from Stockton; Loan Teigan Zahn to Stockton - Oklahoma City Barons
- Albany Devils Weekly - Albany Devils
- Rockford Looks to Keep Rolling Tonight - Rockford IceHogs
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Milwaukee Admirals Weekly Update - Milwaukee Admirals
- Penguins and Tobyhanna Army Depot Join Forces for 14th - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Griffins to Skate Wednesday at Rosa Parks Circle to Kick Off "Wednesday is Hockey Night" - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Cannata Heads to Chicago - Chicago Wolves
- IceCaps Release Whitmore from PTO - St. John's IceCaps
- B-Sens Team with Magic 101.7 for 2012 Teddy Bear Toss - Binghamton Senators
- Admirals Recall Guentzel from ECHL Fort Wayne; Three Others Head to Komets From Norfolk - Norfolk Admirals
- Giant Center to Host Penn State Men's Hockey on February 1 - Hershey Bears
- Stars Weekly (Week 8) - Stars Complete Home Stand, Grab Three Points In Week 7 - Texas Stars
- NTV Teddy Toss Slated for December 7 - St. John's IceCaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.