NTV Teddy Toss Slated for December 7
For the second consecutive year, the St. John's IceCaps will partner with NTV and the Salvation Army to help bring joy to children at Christmas.
The NTV Teddy Toss is scheduled to take place during the IceCaps home game Friday, Dec. 7 against the Springfield Falcons. Fans are asked to bring a stuffed toy (wrapped in a clear plastic bag) and deposit them on the ice during the second intermission. The Salvation Army will collect and deliver the toys to kids in need.
The event is just in its second year with the IceCaps, but is already proving to be a huge success. Last year, more than 3,000 teddy bears were collected at an IceCaps game.
"IceCaps Care and Williams Family Foundation are so pleased again this year to partner with NTV and the Salvation Army for the Teddy Toss," said IceCaps President and CEO Danny Williams. "This event is one that fans look forward to each season, as individually and collectively we are able to give back to the community in a significant and meaningful way as Christmas approaches.
"I want to commend both NTV and the Salvation Army for their continued commitment to this truly wonderful event. I encourage everyone to participate and bring a stuffed animal this year, so we can make this the biggest and best Teddy Toss to-date."
For the Salvation Army, this drive represents a way to provide for the less fortunate in our community, in a fun and meaningful way.
"We are also very pleased to have the St. John's IceCaps work with us on this event, giving our cause more exposure and therefore, a greater chance for success," Major Wade Budgell of the Salvation Army stated. "With partners like the IceCaps and NTV, we are sure to bring smiles to faces of children this Christmas.
"No dream is too small when you're in need. Supporting the NTV Teddy Toss will help translate the dreams of children into reality at Christmas."
"NTV is proud once again this year to keep the tradition alive with this year's 13th annual Teddy Toss," said NTV's Jesse Stirling. "We appreciate the generosity of all the St. John's IceCaps fans that make this event a success by tossing a teddy on the ice each year, and keeping this tradition alive. We value our partnership with the St. John's IceCaps and the Salvation Army and together we are committed to ensure that no child in Newfoundland and Labrador is without a teddy bear each Christmas."
As part of the evening's festivities, NTV will be broadcasting live from Mile One Centre and the Salvation Army band will entertain fans on the concourse before the game.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 27, 2012
- Hogs Squander Early Lead, Fall 5-4 - Rockford IceHogs
- Stars Erase Early Deficit, Win 5-4 in Rockford - Texas Stars
- High Five the Hogs this Holiday - Rockford IceHogs
- Rampage Recall from Loan Jonathan Hazen and David Pacan - San Antonio Rampage
- Amerks Continue Homestand with Another Busy Three-Game Week - Rochester Americans
- AHL Weekly - AHL
- Dallas Returns Hubert Labrie To Idaho Stars - Texas Stars
- Barons Recall Dan Ringwald from Stockton; Loan Teigan Zahn to Stockton - Oklahoma City Barons
- Albany Devils Weekly - Albany Devils
- Rockford Looks to Keep Rolling Tonight - Rockford IceHogs
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Milwaukee Admirals Weekly Update - Milwaukee Admirals
- Penguins and Tobyhanna Army Depot Join Forces for 14th - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Griffins to Skate Wednesday at Rosa Parks Circle to Kick Off "Wednesday is Hockey Night" - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Cannata Heads to Chicago - Chicago Wolves
- IceCaps Release Whitmore from PTO - St. John's IceCaps
- B-Sens Team with Magic 101.7 for 2012 Teddy Bear Toss - Binghamton Senators
- Admirals Recall Guentzel from ECHL Fort Wayne; Three Others Head to Komets From Norfolk - Norfolk Admirals
- Giant Center to Host Penn State Men's Hockey on February 1 - Hershey Bears
- Stars Weekly (Week 8) - Stars Complete Home Stand, Grab Three Points In Week 7 - Texas Stars
- NTV Teddy Toss Slated for December 7 - St. John's IceCaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.