Miners Drop Game OneSeptember 2, 2012 - Frontier League (FL) Southern Illinois Miners
Cody Hall (9-1) began the game for Southern Illinois last night and only lasted one inning once the game restarted. Pat Arnold got the start for Lake Erie but it was Trevor Longfellow (11-2) who began the game today in the bottom of the second inning.
The game was scheduled for a 1:00 pm first pitch but rain delayed the game for an hour and a half as play finally took place at 2:30 pm. With the game tied up at one, Lake Erie took the lead in the top of the third inning as Russell Moldenhauer hit a three run home run off Cody Hall to give the Crushers a 4-1 lead. The Miners scored a run in the bottom of the third inning off Trevor Longfellow to make it a 4-2 game.
Brian Fowler came out in the top of the fourth inning and finished out the game for Southern Illinois. He gave up a solo home run to center fielder Robby Kuzdale in the top of the fifth inning to give Lake Erie a 5-2 game and the Crushers added another run off Fowler when left fielder Daniel Bowman hit a RBI triple to give Lake Erie a 6-2 lead.
With the loss, the Miners are now 54-39 on the season. Lake Erie improves to 53-41 with the win. The Miners magic number is still one to clinch the final wild card spot. Game Two will get underway at 7:00 pm with Shawn Gilblair (10-5, 3.88 ERA) on the mound for Southern Illinois. He'll be opposed by Eric Gonzalez-Diaz (7-9, 4.46 ERA).
The Southern Illinois Miners have been awarded the Frontier League Organization of the Year three times since its inception. It has also set a new Frontier League attendance record in 2007. For media inquiries concerning the Miners, please contact Mike Ventola, Director of Media Relations 618-998-8499 ext. 8547 or email@example.com. For ticket information please contact the Rent One Park Box Office at 618-998-8499. For any additional information, visit our website at www.southernillinoisminers.com.
Frontier League Stories from September 2, 2012
- Joliet Sweeps CornBelters in Double Header to End Season on High Note - Joliet Slammers
- Miners Clinch Wild Card Spot - Southern Illinois Miners
- RiverHawks Lose Season Finale - Rockford RiverHawks
- CornBelters Score One Run in Doubleheader Sweep - Normal CornBelters
- Rascals Close out Season in Style - River City Rascals
- Grizzlies Finish off Regular Season with Impressive Win - Gateway Grizzlies
- Evansville Otters Lose Season Finale at Home - Evansville Otters
- Boomers Punctuate Inaugural Season with Victory - Schaumburg Boomers
- Magnificent Regular Season Comes to a Close - Traverse City Beach Bums
- Crushers Still Breathing, Defeat Miners 6-2 - Lake Erie Crushers
- Miners Drop Game One - Southern Illinois Miners
- September 2 Joliet Slammers Double Header Game Notes - Joliet Slammers
- RiverHawks Win Quick on Cuevas Homer - Rockford RiverHawks
- RiverHawks, Grizzlies to Complete Tie Game, Then Play Season Finale - Rockford RiverHawks
- RiverHawks Lose and Tie... Yep, You Read That Right - Rockford RiverHawks
- Grizzlies Pick up Doubleheader Win against RiverHawks - Gateway Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.