Harden Pitches Seven in LossAugust 29, 2012 - Frontier League (FL) Southern Illinois Miners
Schaumburg took an early 1-0 lead off Harden with a two out double by left fielder Chad Mozingo to score right fielder Nate Baumann in the bottom of the first inning. The Miners came right back in the top of the second inning and tied the game at one as Ken Gregory scored on a wild pitch by Boomers starter Cody Griebling.
Schaumburg took the lead off Harden in the bottom of the fifth inning with two outs as third baseman Frank Pfister hit into a fielder's choice to score short stop Karexon Sanchez to give the Boomers a 2-1 lead.
Nick Cicio pitched a scoreless eighth inning for the Miners despite giving up a two out single to Chad Mozingo.
The Miners had a chance with Jason Ganek on first with two outs in the top of the ninth inning, but Boomers closer Patrick Mincey struck out Cory Harrilchak to end the game and give the Boomers the 2-1 victory.
With the loss, Southern Illinois falls to 53-38 on the season. The Miners are now 53-38 and a half game ahead of Schaumburg in the wild card race. The Miners send Daniel Calhoun to the mound on Thursday evening to avoid the sweep. First pitch is at 6:30 pm. Mike Ventola will have the call, beginning with the Heartland Regional Medical Center Pregame Show at 6:10 on the Miners Radio Network.
The Southern Illinois Miners have been awarded the Frontier League Organization of the Year three times since its inception. It has also set a new Frontier League attendance record in 2007. For media inquiries concerning the Miners, please contact Mike Ventola, Director of Media Relations 618-998-8499 ext. 8547 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For ticket information please contact the Rent One Park Box Office at 618-998-8499. For any additional information, visit our website at www.southernillinoisminers.com.
Frontier League Stories from August 29, 2012
- ThunderBolts Use Offense to Down Lake Erie - Windy City ThunderBolts
- Otters Use Stellar Pitching, Long Ball to Beat River City 3-2 - Evansville Otters
- Rucinski Goes Distance in 9-2 Win - Rockford RiverHawks
- Rascals Strand 11; Otters Win 3-2 - River City Rascals
- CornBelters Fall 10-6 - Normal CornBelters
- Slammers Blanked by Wild Things - Joliet Slammers
- Fourth Inning Blasts Lead Traverse City to Victory - Traverse City Beach Bums
- Grizzlies Drop Middle Game to Beach Bums; Magic Number Is Three - Gateway Grizzlies
- Wild Things Win Third Straight - Washington Wild Things
- August 29 Joliet Slammers Game Notes - Joliet Slammers
- Schaumburg Boomers Gain Ground Behind Griebling - Schaumburg Boomers
- Harden Pitches Seven in Loss - Southern Illinois Miners
- Otters' Offense Erupts in 13-8 Win at River City - Evansville Otters
- Evansville Topples Rascals - River City Rascals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.