Laredo Lemurs in the Playoff HuntAugust 22, 2012 - American Association (AA) Laredo Lemurs
The Laredo Lemurs would like to invite all local and national media to join in on the fun and cover this great story.
The Laredo Lemurs at one time this season were 14.5 games behind the Airhogs and now they have a chance to get into first place and win the division in their first year of existence.
Some of the great stories inside the team include relief pitcher Edwin Walker. After two appearances this season Walker had a horrible ERA and was on his way out. The Lemurs put him on the inactive list and helped him turn his season around. Now Walker is one of the best pitchers on the staff sporting a 3-1 record and a 4.17 ERA.
Other great stories include John Allen's eight straight at bats with a hit, and he was the American Associations "Player of the Week" for the week ending August 12th . During that time John went 18x28 with a .643 avg. with 6 R, 4 2B, 1 HR, 7 RBI. John also has a .346 batting average which is the third best in the league
Brian Peterson is the Lemurs rock behind the plate and team captain on the field. Brian Peterson can talk the talk and walk the walk with any baseball question you might have. Don't be surprised if you see him managing a team of his own one day.
Jimmy Mojica and Javier Brito are fans favorites at Uni-Trade Stadium. When you come to the ballpark you can hear fans chanting their names from every seat in the house. Jimmy Mojica is currently the leagues fifth best hitter with a .338 batting average. Brito plays a mean first base and is hitting .306 for the Lemurs this season.
The Lemurs pitching staff has been strong all season with a league leading 653 strikeouts and they have 22 games this year with 10 strikeouts or more.
American Association Stories from August 22, 2012
- Saints Offense Rocks Boulders 9-2 - St. Paul Saints
- Goldeyes Take Series from RailCats in 7-2 Win - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- AirHogs Battle Back to Beat RedHawks - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Big Fourth Helps Goldeyes Down RailCats - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Lemurs Unveil End of the Season Promotions - Laredo Lemurs
- Laredo Lemurs in the Playoff Hunt - Laredo Lemurs
- Diablos Comeback on Wingnuts - Wichita Wingnuts
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Author Becky Moen to Appear at Pheasants Game this Saturday - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Diablos Rally From Five Runs Down To Beat Wichita, Even Series - El Paso Diablos
- Pheasants Falter in Lincoln - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Sheldon Superb as 'Dogs Handle Sioux Falls - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Jones Moved to Laredo - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Pulsipher Leaves Team for Personal Reasons - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Amarillo Sox to be featured on "Great Food Truck Race" - Amarillo Sox
- American Association Results - AA
- Lemurs Grind Out Win - Laredo Lemurs
- Lowey Ties League Record in Slugfest - Wichita Wingnuts
- Diablos Drop Slugfest To Wichita To Snap Three Game Win Streak - El Paso Diablos
- Explorers win 3-2 over Kansas City - Sioux City Explorers
- RedHawks Clip AirHogs as Losing Streak Hits Four - Grand Prairie AirHogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.