Lemurs Grind Out WinAugust 22, 2012 - American Association (AA) Laredo Lemurs
With the score tied at six the Lemurs and the Sox went into the bottom of the 16th with Derrick Christianon on the mound. Christiansen opened up the inning by walking Javier Brito and Uraik Marquez, then Brain Peterson came to the plate struck out for the first out of the inning. Stephen Pearson was next to walk and that loaded the bases.
That's when Anthony Scelfo, who was hitless on the night, with four strikeouts came to the plate. Scelfo belted a high fly ball to center, and with the outfield in, the center fielder couldn't catch up to it to give the Lemurs the walk off win.
The 16 inning game is the longest in Lemurs history by inning and by time. The game took 5 hours and 22 minutes to complete.
With the win the Lemurs now sit in second place, one game back behind the first place Grand Prairie Airhogs.
The Laredo Lemurs be home taking on the Amarillo Sox and the El Paso Diablos through August 28th. This is the Lemurs last regular season homestand, so get you tickets now. You can get tickets at the Laredo Lemurs box office, online at www.laredolemurs.com, or by phone at 956-7LEMURS. All games at Uni-Trade Stadium are set for 7:30pm.
American Association Stories from August 22, 2012
- Saints Offense Rocks Boulders 9-2 - St. Paul Saints
- Goldeyes Take Series from RailCats in 7-2 Win - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- AirHogs Battle Back to Beat RedHawks - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Big Fourth Helps Goldeyes Down RailCats - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Lemurs Unveil End of the Season Promotions - Laredo Lemurs
- Laredo Lemurs in the Playoff Hunt - Laredo Lemurs
- Diablos Comeback on Wingnuts - Wichita Wingnuts
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Author Becky Moen to Appear at Pheasants Game this Saturday - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Diablos Rally From Five Runs Down To Beat Wichita, Even Series - El Paso Diablos
- Pheasants Falter in Lincoln - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Sheldon Superb as 'Dogs Handle Sioux Falls - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Jones Moved to Laredo - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Pulsipher Leaves Team for Personal Reasons - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Amarillo Sox to be featured on "Great Food Truck Race" - Amarillo Sox
- American Association Results - AA
- Lemurs Grind Out Win - Laredo Lemurs
- Lowey Ties League Record in Slugfest - Wichita Wingnuts
- Diablos Drop Slugfest To Wichita To Snap Three Game Win Streak - El Paso Diablos
- Explorers win 3-2 over Kansas City - Sioux City Explorers
- RedHawks Clip AirHogs as Losing Streak Hits Four - Grand Prairie AirHogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.