American Association ResultsAugust 14, 2012 - American Association (AA)
A terrific performance by starting pitcher Kyle Ruwe leads the St. Paul Saints to a 5-1 win over the Gary SouthShore RailCats. Ruwe pitched a complete game allowing only one run, unearned, on four hits with a walk and six strikeouts. With the victory, Ruwe is now 2-1 on the season. Offensively for St. Paul, CF Jim Rapoport went 2-for-3 with a run scored and two RBI while LF Jake Krause had two hits, scored a run and drove in one. For Gary SouthShore in defeat, RF Adam Klein went 2-for-4 with a run scored.
Fargo-Moorhead 5, Winnipeg 3
Fargo-Moorhead scored two runs in the bottom of the eighth inning to break a 3-3 tie and beat the Winnipeg Goldeyes, 5-3. CF Nic Jackson continues his solid 2012 season as he went 2-for-4 with a home run, two runs scored and two RBI. Jackson currently leads the league in RBI with 78 and is tied for first in home runs with 16. SS Zach Penprase and RF Jon Gaston also chipped in with two hits for the RedHawks. Fargo-Moorhead reliever Kevin Fuqua pitched two scoreless innings allowing only a hit to collect his second win of the season.
Wichita 4, El Paso 2
1B CJ Ziegler and RF David Peralta lead the way in Wichita's 4-2 victory over the El Paso Diablos. Ziegler and Peralta combined to go 6-for-8 at the plate with a home run, two RBI and three runs scored. Wingnuts starting pitcher Derek Blacksher tossed seven strong innings en route to his to eighth win of the season. Blacksher gave up one run, unearned, on five hits with a walk and four strikeouts. For El Paso in the loss, DH Jermy Acey had three hits, scored a run and drove in one.
American Association Stories from August 14, 2012
- Miller Time, T-Bones Slop Land 'Dogs Comeback Win - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Lemurs Rake in First Game of Road Trip - Laredo Lemurs
- Hinson Outstanding in Tough Loss - Wichita Wingnuts
- Sox Extend AirHogs Slide in Bizarre Fashion - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- RedHawks Cruise Past Goldeyes, 8-2 - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Diablos Shut Out Wingnuts To Move Up In Standings - El Paso Diablos
- Goldeyes Get Behind Early, Lose in Fargo - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- American Association Game Recap - AA
- Fish Add Lefty Van Leur from Sioux Falls - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Disastrous Ninth Does in Saints in 5-2 Loss - St. Paul Saints
- Pheasants Trade Van Leur, Add Rookie Arm - Sioux Falls Canaries
- RailCats Stun Saints in Ninth - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- T-Bones, CommunityAmerica Reach Agreement to Extend Stadium Naming Rights - Kansas City T-Bones
- American Association Results - AA
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.