Soler's Blasts Ends Snappers' Winning StreakAugust 11, 2012 - Midwest League (MWL) Beloit Snappers
Miguel Sano doubled to score J.D. Williams making it 1-0 Beloit in the bottom of the first after Williams singled and reached second on a wild pitch by Peoria's Zach Cates.
It didn't take long for Soler to strike in the game as he blasted a grand slam in the top of the third scoring Pin-Chieh Chen, Dustin Geiger, and Paul Hoilman making it 4-1 Chiefs. This was Soler's first- ever professional at bat with the bases loaded.
The Snappers had a two-run bottom of the third when Rosario hit an RBI triple scoring Williams, who walked. Sano hit a sac fly scoring Rosario cutting the Chiefs lead to 4-3.
Steven Gruver relieved Taylor Rogers in the fifth inning. Taylor Rogers worked five and two third innings allowing six hits and four runs, while striking out five and walking two.
Peoria tacked on another run in the top of the seventh when Wes Darvill drove in Geiger with a single to center giving the Chiefs a 5-3 lead.
Gruver pitched three and one third innings allowing two hits and one run, while striking out three and walking one.
The Snappers tried to rally in the bottom of the ninth. A.J. Pettersen reached second when left fielder, Bijan Rademacher, dropped a fly ball to left. Then Wang-Wei Lin and Williams followed up with walks to load the bases. Chiefs' pitcher Larry Suarez got Eddie Rosario to pop out to end the game.
Miguel Sano went two for three with two RBI for the night, bringing his MWL leading total to 89 for the season.
Eddie Rosario went one for four with one RBI for the night, and 54 for the season.
The Snappers and Chiefs will face off tomorrow afternoon at 2:00 PM with Tyler Jones on the mound, who is 3-4 with a 4.97 ERA. Tomorrow is a Stateline News Family Fun Sunday. Check your Stateline News for a buy-one-get-one free reserved seat ticket. After the game kids are invited to run the bases and play catch in the outfield. Tomorrow is also our last jersey auction of the summer, bid on our special "Tuxedo" Jerseys until the end of the fifth inning. If you have the highest bid, you will win the jersey right off the player's back.
Midwest League Stories from August 11, 2012
- Ramirez delivers game-winning hit in the thirteenth - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Loons Suffer Extra-Innings Defeat - Great Lakes Loons
- Hot Rods Snatch Victory from 'Caps in Fifteen - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Chiefs Win 5-3 Saturday - Peoria Chiefs
- Lugnuts end skid with 4-3 12-inning win - Lansing Lugnuts
- Bad Luck Befalls Bees in 9-8 Loss to Bandits - Burlington Bees
- Soler's Blasts Ends Snappers' Winning Streak - Beloit Snappers
- River Bandits Win Late, 9-8, with Wild Comeback over Bees - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Cougars clip Kernels, 4-3 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Groff, Hawks Power Past Captains - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Hawks Halt Captains 7-2 - Lake County Captains
- Dragons Battle Back to Win, 4-3 on Saturday - Dayton Dragons
- Wisler Shines in Fort Wayne Loss - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Cougars Clip Kernels - Kane County Cougars
- Reliever Crawford Joins Hot Rods, McEachern to D.L. - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Dragons Gameday for August 11 - Dayton Dragons
- Parking Advisory for August 12 - Beloit Snappers
- Aaron Meade to Inland Empire; Brandon Lodge activated from DL - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Chiefs Drop Finale in Burlington 10-5 - Peoria Chiefs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.