Lemurs Come From Behind to WinAugust 10, 2012 - American Association (AA) Laredo Lemurs
The Lemurs found themselves in an early 3-0 hole with Tony Butler getting the start and only throwing to five batters, as he gave up three runs, and retired one batter, before giving way to Leonard Giammanco. Giammanco did a nice job to settle things down but did not factor in the decision in tonight's game.
With the Lemurs down 5-1 in the bottom of the fifth, they would come to the plate and start a one out rally. Jimmy Mojica singled, followed by a Palmer Karr Jr. single. That would bring up the hot hitting John Allen, who blasted a homerun to left field to bring the Lemurs within in one run of the Grand Prairie 5-4 lead. It was Allen's ninth homerun of the season, Allen went four for five on the night with three singles and a homerun.
In the seventh the Lemurs found themselves down 6-4. Mojica opened the bottom of the seventh with a single, followed by Karr getting hit by pitch. The next two batters struck out, and then Uriak Marquez singled to drive in a run and bring the Lemurs within on run of the lead. Marquez's hit would be followed up by a Brian Peterson walk to load the bases for Stephen Pearson. Pearson would come up with one of the biggest Lemurs hits of the season as he would ground the ball into right field to bring in the tying and go ahead run and put the Lemurs up 7-6. The Lemurs would add one more in the inning to secure the 8-6 win.
Edwin Walker (3-1) picked up the win for the Lemurs, Adam Miller (1-2) was wrangled with the loss for the Grand Prairie Airhogs.
The Laredo Lemurs are home through Sunday before taking off for a six game roadtrip. You can get tickets at the Laredo Lemurs box office, online at www.laredolemurs.com, or by phone at 956-7LEMURS. All games at Uni-Trade Stadium are set for 7:30pm.
American Association Stories from August 10, 2012
- American Association Results - AA
- Diablos Rally From Seven Down, Win Wild One Over Sioux City - El Paso Diablos
- Lemurs Come From Behind to Win - Laredo Lemurs
- Pheasants Fall in Extras to Fargo-Moorhead - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Lemurs Get to Miller Again in Comeback Win - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Short-Handed Wingnuts Rebound in Winnipeg - Wichita Wingnuts
- Lowey Too Much for Goldeyes - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- RailCats Pile on Early and Cruise to Victory - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Kolb's Four-Hit Night Leads 'Cats to Fifth Straight Win - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Aint No Offense for St. Paul in 2-0 Loss to Sox - St. Paul Saints
- RailCats Release Tomochika Tsuboi, Sign Rookie Outfielder - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- 'Dogs Trade for League's Leading Slugger - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Sox gearing up for upcoming three-game series - Amarillo Sox
- Saints to Induct Al Avila into Professional Baseball Scouts Hall of Fame - St. Paul Saints
- Ep Diablos August 10 - Aug 12 Promotions - El Paso Diablos
- Explorers Tee off on Ex-Mate to Salvage Series - Grand Prairie AirHogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.